Amaurobius sp. sharing web?

Lambda Tau

Arachnopeon
I put a darkling beetle into a lace web in the garden, a small A. Similis (?) came out and followed it down for a bit, then another larger spider emerged and both were on the beetle, the larger spider touched the smaller one with its legs and it walked off, but didn't run straight back to its hole. The whole time a third spider was partially emerged. This all occurred in a space maybe 5 inches total. The spiders being based behind a piece of wood attached to a brick wall, and the web made between the wood and the wall.

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
That's awesome! I love watching micro-ecosystems at work. Having two small spiders on my windowsill at work, and watching them chase each other back and forth on the web and fight over flies was the only thing that got me through the work day sometimes. :angelic: They never actually tried to harm each other, but kind of pranked each other out of meals and play-fought over space. I never bothered identifying them.

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
!!! It's flat out amazing how mom nature can pop out some tiny little corner of her vast universe that leaves a person in awe.
I hope that whatever vast beings are watching us fret about the stage of life find us as fascinating and endearing. :robot::borg::alien:astronaut::lurking: