Alright, I'm paranoid.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Something something ordered tarantulas online, something something it's been a while.

I understand that shipping from Poland to the UK will take a while, but the last few days the Royal Mail has told me it's still in transit from the originating country and that information will be avaliable when it reaches the UK. It shipped on the 13th of this month and it told me on the 15th that it was leaving the country. Ever since then it's been stuck at 'In Transit', as of now, four days onward.

I'm assuming it's actually in the UK somewhere and it's just going through the customs process (especially with it having been the weekend) and as soon as it ends up somewhere where it can be tagged the page is gonna spring to life and tell me it's close or on it's way.

People from the UK, how long does it usually take if you've ordered abroad? From what I've read I know that 6 days usually isn't too bad of a wait, but I have no idea how long I should wait before I start getting paranoid. I already kind of am. I just hope the spiders are okay, more than anything.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm not from the UK but I can 101% guarantee you that, as we are talking/type now, no customs exist between the UK and other EU nations (which Poland is part of, obviously).

Had you ordered from Russia, Norway, Japan or the U.S, yep. But from EU there's no customs. Arguably this could change due to the Brexit, but not now, so don't worry for that.

Now what I don't know, since I'm not a UK citizen, about the time lapse of shipping but... you know how are mails, there's always the risk of delays and whatnot (in particular in France, now, due to the gas prices protests), tracking numbers/codes that are 'slow' as heck when not even updated or working... stuff like that.

An advice I honestly want to give you is, next time, order from other countries when cold and Winter passed. Altough the harsh Winter isn't 'full' arrived, time is near. Just for remain always safe :)

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
I'm not from the UK but I can 101% guarantee you that, as we are talking/type now, no customs exist between the UK and other EU nations (which Poland is part of, obviously).

Had you ordered from Russia, Norway, Japan or the U.S, yep. But from EU there's no customs. Arguably this could change due to the Brexit, but not now, so don't worry for that.

Now what I don't know, since I'm not a UK citizen, about the time lapse of shipping but... you know how are mails, there's always the risk of delays and whatnot (in particular in France, now, due to the gas prices protests), tracking numbers/codes that are 'slow' as heck when not even updated or working... stuff like that.

An advice I honestly want to give you is, next time, order from other countries when cold and Winter passed. Altough the harsh Winter isn't 'full' arrived, time is near. Just for remain always safe :)
man you know I thought global warming would fix this problem, better start smoking more cigars(I dont smoke), leaving my car on, doing more BBQs, tire fire, cleaning the streets of all its litter...and burn it in another fire, and breathing out CO_2.
honestly I thought of you more as a fancy UK lad with a monocle and a fine mustache(pronounced oddly) and khakis without A1 sauce stains. honestly they probably lost OPs package and did the european thing and pretend there is not problem(cough brexit cough)
to OP if they put air holes in it its probably fine hope you dont get a DOA

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
global warming
Going briefly off topic because I feel it is important. We should be using the term “climate change” because “global warming” is just inaccurate. We get colder winters too, and harsher transitions between seasons. “Global warming” is how we lose the less educated who see cold winters and say “global warming” must be a hoax

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
Going briefly off topic because I feel it is important. We should be using the term “climate change” because “global warming” is just inaccurate. We get colder winters too, and harsher transitions between seasons. “Global warming” is how we lose the less educated who see cold winters and say “global warming” must be a hoax
yeah I know that I just dont really care and it supported my joke...comedy really is a dying art I guess. Im an advocate of climate change, as in the spread of its truth. It's a difficult thing to stop/reverse and I've heard the ridiculous Ideas of removing carbon from the air. that being said I actually dont care laws of nature sort themselves if we push it no big deal after we are extinct it will fix itself. its essentially a human problem, cause they are the only ones with the capacity to care about it.*shrugs arms emoji*

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
honestly they probably lost OPs package and did the european thing and pretend there is not problem(cough brexit cough)
No, you can't exactly say that. I guarantee you that Royal Mail is overall a pretty reliable and solid one, if viewed now without 'prejudice' and/or personal dislikes :)

Six days are not that much when you are waiting for a parcel not shipped via a private courier, and sent from another nation. I've heard of other Europeans that had to wait even ten days -- and no 'DOA' of all sorts, obviously.

Mind, as far 'DOA' are concerned, compared everything at 360° (therefore including the fact that the biggest majority of the U.S T's/inverts keepers doesn't wait in general something like six days or more for a parcel) IMO there's more 'DOA' in the U.S than in Europe :pompous:

to OP if they put air holes in it its probably fine hope you dont get a DOA
Here the issue is only one: as I always say (and always said, here in this site, even years ago) altough 'full' Winter isn't arrived, this is not the best moment for order T's online from other nations, unless someone wants to pay extra-money for a courier shipping (which takes two days from UK to Italy).

Last edited:

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Ha, I will admit, I know very little about how the post works between countries. I checked the weather over here for the following week when I ordered and, while it is quite chilly, it isn't deathly so. I suppose that made me think it would be okay to order, but I underestimated how long it would be. This is my first time ordering from another country and I think by now I've already learnt the risks of such a thing.

By this point, I just want them to arrive. I don't care about the money, I just want the spiders to be alright. :(

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hopefully they get their safe, I have heard of some pretty miraculous stories where spiders were stuck in transit for weeks...but arrived safely and alive.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
4-5 days usually from Poland, I thought "overseas shipping season" was over for Europe?
I wouldn't know, though I sincerely hope that it's not stuck in some depot somewhere if that's true. I can't even claim a package missing until 20 days after the fact if all does go wrong, and the Royal Mail's website, trying to find a way to contact people, is utterly atrocious. This is starting to stress me out big time.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Relax, it'll turn up tomorrow or Wednesday. I received a package last week from Poland; it took about a week to arrive, from the initial email notifying me it had been dispatched.

Your package will turn up.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Something something ordered tarantulas online, something something it's been a while.

I understand that shipping from Poland to the UK will take a while, but the last few days the Royal Mail has told me it's still in transit from the originating country and that information will be avaliable when it reaches the UK. It shipped on the 13th of this month and it told me on the 15th that it was leaving the country. Ever since then it's been stuck at 'In Transit', as of now, four days onward.

I'm assuming it's actually in the UK somewhere and it's just going through the customs process (especially with it having been the weekend) and as soon as it ends up somewhere where it can be tagged the page is gonna spring to life and tell me it's close or on it's way.

People from the UK, how long does it usually take if you've ordered abroad? From what I've read I know that 6 days usually isn't too bad of a wait, but I have no idea how long I should wait before I start getting paranoid. I already kind of am. I just hope the spiders are okay, more than anything.
I appreciate it isn't the same but I ordered a centipede from Germany. It still stated it was at a German sorting office on the day it got delivered to me. It did take 7 days (maybe 8) to arrive though which was a lot longer than I thought.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
It shipped on the 13th of this month and it told me on the 15th that it was leaving the country.
Well i'm not from the UK but my package is literally the same as yours (i guess ours got shipped in the same batch from spidersworld) if it makes you feel better, shipped on the 13th arrived to my country on the 16th but i still didn't get anything. Hoping i'll actually get the package tomorrow.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
From Poland to Basque Country 5-7 days. Usually it only takes two days to arrive here, but then, the package dissapears for several days...

If you purchased via spiderswold, the last shippment I received from them had a thermal pad inside, and was wrapped in aluminium foil for better thermal isolation, so don't worry.

Last edited:

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Well i'm not from the UK but my package is literally the same as yours (i guess ours got shipped in the same batch from spidersworld) if it makes you feel better, shipped on the 13th arrived to my country on the 16th but i still didn't get anything. Hoping i'll actually get the package tomorrow.
I find solace in the fact that I'm not alone but then I also feel bad that someone else is equally as paranoid. The package hasn't arrived today, either. Let me know if you get anything, I'd rather at least one of our shipments turns up alive so I know this whole debacle isn't a total loss.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately not, I had hoped but I got nothing. I got a letter, wowie, but no package. I spoke with Orion and they said that a few packages they sent to the UK have the same issue wherein they seem to be stuck in transit. I really, really hope they arrive tomorrow.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately not, I had hoped but I got nothing. I got a letter, wowie, but no package. I spoke with Orion and they said that a few packages they sent to the UK have the same issue wherein they seem to be stuck in transit. I really, really hope they arrive tomorrow.
Same here, since i last gave an update my package status went from "Accepted in the destination country" to "Customs clearance" in the International Postal System. What does that even meaaan

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
They're here! Safely, thank god. My brother bought them in since he was on door watch duty for a new washing machine for my prents and I nearly shot up out of my seat when he brought me the box.

All three arrived well, and they weren't as cold as I was expecting. They were wrapped in 5(!!) layers of insulation and a heatpack, that had run out of steam eventually. I'm very, very grateful I bought them off people who know what they were doing. I shall let them know that my package is here.

Funnily enough my partner rung up Royal Mail today and said they were 'in customs' and it would take 10 working days to get to me. Yeah, I'd understand that, maybe, if the moment he sent that to me, I wasn't holding them in my hands. Thanks Royal Mail. :meh:

Note to self (and to anyone reading this thread), for the sake of your own sanity: DO NOT ORDER IN EXTREMELY COLD WEATHER. I GOT LUCKY.