Alltheworld's itsy bitsy cutie baby thread

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Its the work of camera flash. He's just an A. avic. I questioned whether he was an A. metallica for a while but somebody really good with taxonomy confirmed he was just the common pinktoe.

Its a 5 gallon but its a 5 gallon kritter keeper, maybe you're right though, the sub is about halfway up the enclosure but the T's gonna be 3 inches so i'll add another couple inches to it. :)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I rehoused my P. imperator and my G. rosea today...so I got some good photos. If you wanna see the scorp, just head over to the scorpion forum...but here's the shots I got of Ms. Daisy. She was in a fairly good mood today!

And here's one of the better pictures I could get of my E. uatuman sling, Emory...still not the best, but shows off his foot pads.

Also, as discussed previously, I added a ton of substrate to the picture of the enclosure I posted last week.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
New photos. :) New spiders!
First though, my same E. uatuman that I can never get a good picture of. This might be the best one I've gotten through the cup:

And here is a teeny tiny Vitalius vellutinus sling I just got from Michigan Arachnids, its adorable:

Its name is Vivi.

And here is my new juvie Nhandu carapoensis female. I LOVE her to death, she's beautiful, she was a little terrified from shipping but she was very tolerant of me lifting her off the packing materials and seems to be making herself at home quickly in her new enclosure. She's such a darling, I don't mind that I'm itchy just from touching her.

I'll get a better shot when she's done being scared, but I love the colors on her. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What a fluffball! I like Nhandus, sadly I can't stand their urticating hairs so I love looking at pictures of them ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
She was by far the sweetest spider I've ever dealt with. It could have been the shock from shipping but still...I think even my Avic isn't quite as calm and tolerant as that girl. Which baffles me since Nhandu are known for being a bit skittish if not downright mean and hair flicky. My coloratovillosus likes to stick her butt in the air and threaten to hair me. Even the little tripeppi sling I have is a spaz. I'm just so impressed with her temperament and beauty. I'll get some more photos later. I also got another couple today, but havent posted pics yet. A P. cam 2 1/2 inch sling, the thing is a monster already, and a freebee PZB that is like darn near microscopic. LOL I didn't even know it was coming and its vial was labeled "warning man eating beast" HAHAHA

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She was by far the sweetest spider I've ever dealt with. It could have been the shock from shipping but still...I think even my Avic isn't quite as calm and tolerant as that girl. Which baffles me since Nhandu are known for being a bit skittish if not downright mean and hair flicky. My coloratovillosus likes to stick her butt in the air and threaten to hair me. Even the little tripeppi sling I have is a spaz. I'm just so impressed with her temperament and beauty. I'll get some more photos later.
I'd suspect she will show her "true self" once she has settled into her enclosure for a month or so...once she realizes that's -her- territory, she might become more Nhandu-like. If she doesn't, be happy you have another cute fluffball there :D

I also got another couple today, but havent posted pics yet. A P. cam 2 1/2 inch sling, the thing is a monster already, and a freebee PZB that is like darn near microscopic. LOL I didn't even know it was coming and its vial was labeled "warning man eating beast" HAHAHA
LOL, yeah my P. cam is certainly my most mean and defensive T (aside my A. geni) so far! Have fun - mine went cray once she had settled into her enclosures and went NUTS if I had to intrude her "realm"...calmed down some, but still is a hands-off T ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
ohh yeah. I have no intentions of ever trying to touch that crazy spider on purpose. however, it is definitely a pop out of the enclosure and go for a jog type of T, so I might have some accidental interaction. Its gorgeous though! And it ate right away. I wish I'd gotten a good picture, I had the camera ready...I snapped one of half its body in the tissue it was shipped in, and as soon as i opened the rest of the tissue, it went psycho and the camera couldn't focus fast enough. Hopefully next rehouse I'll get a good shot of it, if it doesn't eat me first.

I've got a chromatus coming today, i'll be sharing more pictures shortly. :)

---------- Post added 11-08-2012 at 10:14 AM ----------

Well even though most slings look about the same, I took pictures anyway:

This is the maniac spaz face psycho spider...best shot i've got and probably the best shot i'll have for a while LOL
P. Cambridgei

So far, no name for it.

Here's my N. tripeppi sling, about 1/3 inch, cute little feller, feisty for a tiny thing, too, but not insane, just a Nhandu:

Those were the two I had ordered, but I got a surprise freebee! I was very surprised. As when I pulled out the vial, it looked like this:

and this:

Here's the man eater.

I wish I had something for size comparison but I'm betting it doesn't even quite measure 1/8 inch. ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I just posted more pictures and then accidentally deleted them, so now I'm going to explain far less and just post them.

bald butt, unsexed Nhandu chromatus

Big huge N. coloratovillosus went very calmly into her new digs today

And Peach, eating. Because they're cute when they eat.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
It was photo shoot day today..

Here's my (still sweet!) N. carapoensis, Nellie:

She has made herself at home, the floor is a web mat...been eating...still docile. I think I'm just extremely lucky.

This is my little N. chromatus, I still am looking for a name, but no idea what the gender is yet.

Love that face...

And sealed with a heart shaped kiss from my psycho little bolt of lightning P. cambridgei.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
New :)

0.0.1 E. campestratus "Killer" (oh yes...danger!) This thing is seriously tiny, and seriously unafraid. Its cool - its not feisty, just very curious.

0.0.1 Nhandu tripepii...no name yet though.

This little thing though, its hilarious...it pretends to hide, and then when I go to put the lid back on the vial, it runs out of the burrow waving its arms at me like "WHAT?! WHAT?! YEAH YOU BETTER RUN!" Its like a dog that thinks its chasing away the mailman.

0.0.1 Vitalius vellutinus - "Vivi" cute little feller..no real personality as of yet, that I can tell. Good eater though!

0.0.1 P. cambridgei - "Lightning" (i mean duh right?) All I could get was a bundle of toes but they're pretty darn cute.

And!
0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus - "Fizzgig"...fingers crossed on female! This little juvie is adorable, tolerant...seemed to enjoy being on my hand and arm..maybe I'm just warm or something, but it was hard to get it off me when I needed to. I am absolutely in love with this little one.

my favorite:

Taking a little stroll up my arm..

Have you ever seen a cuter arachnid?! No, I thought not. ;)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's a quite FAT one, at that. I'd stop feeding, M'am :D

Funny little tripepii btw ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
yeah i've only fed it once since I got it. It was already fat. I'm leaving it be for a while, some folks have told me it looks like its starting to darken up for a molt.

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

I think the V. vellutinus might be on its way to a molt soon too. I've only fed it once since i've had it and it was skinny when it came...one small cricket and it looks like that now. wowee!
My G. rosea is in HEAVY premolt. So much so that I'm wondering if maybe she's not in premolt at all but rather, gravid. Maybe i'll try to get some pictures, I just don't want to bother her. I'm hoping its just premolt, but we'll see. Also waiting for my Avic to molt and hook out..he has been webbing like crazy lately and never webbed before.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
These pictures were taken by my stepmother with her superior camera.
B. emilia

N. coloratovillosus wearing a dirt hat

N. carapoensis

N. chromatus

The only halfway decent picture ever taken of my P. cambridgei...through the vial...

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Makes me want to treat myself to a nice B.emilia for christmas (that I don't celebrate)

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aren't they all? Cept Psalmos and OWs..

but yes, I seriously consider getting an adult or close-to-adulthood T for Xmas and Emilia is one of the strong candidates (in fact, I have no idea what others to possibly get)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
easy, ALL of them! lol jk. And yes, I have a psalmo, and its a freakishly fast heart attack on legs. pretty though! :) And, yea of course they all HAVE the ability to hair you but the only one who actually goes through with it repeatedly is the emilia. LOL even my Nhandu that are notorious for hairing, either don't, or just do that thing where they lift up their leg, and threaten to hair you, but never really follow through with it. The N. coloratovillosus is the only one who has ever really done it, but its not frequent. She lets me work around her with my bare hands in the enclosure and never gives me any trouble. But that emilia...I pop the lid and shes like HERE HAVE A HAIR CLOUD.

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And I thought my little (5cm DLS) smithi was bad, hairing the dead cricket, or if she stumbles with one of the legs :D She likes to climb around her hide, and when she can't reach with a leg or two, she's like OH GOD WHAT DO I DO? KICK HAIR!!