Alltheworld's itsy bitsy cutie baby thread

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I totally respect that, but its sort of like the chicken and the egg thing for me....did photography get me into keeping tarantulas or vice versa? For me they go hand in hand. Also, I can't afford a camera like mine either. I got lucky and was gifted with it. :) I had borrowed my sister's fancy expensive camera and when I had to give it back I was lamenting till my hubby ordered me a better one. :) (I never ask for anything so this came as a wonderful surprise!)

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
This thread is cool. Your creativity in pictures is fun. A nice bonus to being in the hobby. That enclosure is huge btw. Holy crap!

Sent from my LG-C729

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
This thread is cool. Your creativity in pictures is fun. A nice bonus to being in the hobby. That enclosure is huge btw. Holy crap!

Sent from my LG-C729
Thanks.

And no, the Nhandu is in a 10 gallon, but the substrate is a lot higher than it looks in one of the former photos...that was taken with an iphone from a ridiculously awkward angle by my friend, and the enclosure looks gigantic and way too high, but i assure you its not. the length from the top to the substrate is a little less than 1.5 x her leg span. That picture makes her look TINY. She's a big girl...a ten gal might be a little roomy, but a 5 gal I think would just not quite suit her. She uses all of her ten gallon, redecorating all the time. I think she's happy in there. :)

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
No worries. To each their own. I would think arboreals in the wild have all the room in the trees anyways. Just don't see it that often. Keep up the fun.

Sent from my LG-C729

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Yeah, I just didn't want you to worry about her. :) I worry when I see people's Ts in giant tanks with a ton of space to fall, I just wanted to clarify that the picture was at an odd angle and it looks way worse than it is. She's safe, I love her so much. She's an absolute gem! <3

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
My adorable little E. uatuman sling arrived today. Healthy and fine, a little bit stressed, but he's perfect. Cutest thing ever. I was shaking, so the picture came out kind of lousy. Will try to get a better one once he starts making himself at home. He's safely in his deli cup premade burrow. I was so nervous I was going to lose him - never worked with a sling before. It was a whole lot easier than I thought. Here's his cute little butt:

I don't know what the sex is, obviously too small to tell, but I named it Emory, since its both male and female, and sort of jives with his common name, the Emerald Skeleton.

---------- Post added 10-17-2012 at 03:20 PM ----------

But wait, there's more:

He's fairly content although probably a bit stressed in his little burrow..

here he is from the outside of the cup..

Then just for fun I did a little photo shoot of Peach, my B. emilia, in the natural light. She didn't seem to mind it at all.

here is her enclosure:

her cute little face:

And one of her feet, just because:

Her butt lol

And a top down view.

She's such a nice girl. I didn't want to bother the others today, so this is all you get. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on the new addition! I've found my murinus being out and about today evening after she dug her burrow some deeper. I hope yours will be less a pethole and out often in the late hours, too. One way to achieve that is to keep them a little more on the hungry side and don't feed them too much, so they stay out in wait for prey.

To put your mind at ease: Slings are -really- not a big deal in my opinion! I've started with 2 sub-adults / juvies, but the next delivery I got was full of slings (mostly Avics) and I have yet to loose any of them (except for those few unfortunate deaths caused by molting problems and spiders that obviously weren't meant to live) - overall I find it as easy as caring for the bigger ones. Plus, you can interact with them more often (due to rehousings) which gives you a great idea how they behave!

Enjoy the little guy ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Yes, I was mostly afraid that he was just going to take off and run and I'd never catch him. But all my fears were for nothing. He was terrified from being shipped, I just put the tissue right next to the premade burrow I had in the cup for him, and lightly touched him with my paintbrush, and in he went. The whole process was less than 10 seconds, but the time leading up to it where I was removing packaging and having to stop and take deep breaths was like 30 minutes. LOL! I've never been that nervous with an adult, which doesn't make as much sense I know. but they're just so small and fragile, and we are in the process of moving and so the area I had to work with was limited. I did end up using my bathtub, but honestly my bathroom is the least sound room in the house outside of the tub. If he escaped the tub I woulda been in trouble!! All went well though, and he took down a rather large cricket (I maimed it a bit for him, since it was probably too big, just the last one I had on hand before we move) last night, and I got to watch him throw a little web party and drag the thing around while eating its head. Sounds brutal, but man it was adorable. What a little determined trooper he is. And his abdomen is a gorgeous shade of maroon and shiny, and even though his feet are teeny tiny I can still spot the iridescent foot pads...just an all around gorgeous little thing!

Unfortunately the light in my room is horrible, so this was the best picture I could get with a desk lamp in one hand and a giant camera in the other.

But you get the idea.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
Lol. I've totally been through all that with all my new slings. I've grown quite comfortable doing it now but I still have to stop, turn my head, and breathe. In my experiences, the only slings to ever get out while unpacking have been the P. murinus'. But even when they got out they only went a few inches. It's like they freeze cause they don't know what to do with their sudden freedom. But man, what an adrenaline rush.

Sent from my LG-C729

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Took peach out into the light to try for some nice photos, but tarantulas and bright sunlight don't mix, so she balled up and I got this:

Moses on the other hand was quite cooperative:

he is my handsome boy!

And here's a photo that makes me super jealous, my Daisy, my stepmother took this picture, her camera is even fancier than mine...so, I don't get photo cred, but I have to share how gorgeous she looks. Usually G. rosea aren't as flashy to the naked eye, but this photo brings out every bit of gorgeous subtle coloration in ms. daisy face.

she's a looker!

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Very beautiful T's you got in there :D I'm just waiting for my to grow. Just i'm that unlucky every T that grows a bit seems to be male and just give me headaches with finding them girls :p My next hope is my P. cambridgei.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Was down in the eeevil lair today, getting enclosures ready for a couple new Ts that are coming in tomorrow...so I snapped some pics of the ones i've got, and an enclosure I've got set up too. I am ready to share :D

First, I never get tired of Moses's toeses.

WHo wants a kiss?!?!

And finally, my sweet little Moses finally made an actual web. I've had him for a long time and he never did much webbing at all. It looks like he worked all night on this. He was resting on it this morning. I think a molt is imminent. He is also grumpy today, which is not usually a personality trait in his inventory.

I'm so proud.

My hole-kid, Emory (an E. uatuman, in case you missed that) is usually out of his burrow, man that little thing's been busy.

Here's the entrance to his burrow. He literally incorporated everything he could find in the cup.

That's one that's just about always busy doing something, no matter the time of day.

And here's one of the best enclosures i've made to date, planted bamboo, there's a burrow against/underneath that slab of driftwood...the substrate's again higher than it looks, I really suck at taking pictures of empty tanks. anyway:

Tomorrow a Nhandu carapoensis 3 inch female is going to move in there. May be a bit big for her, but she'll grow into it and I'll tong feed her if she has trouble hunting.

Also getting a V. vellutinus sling tomorrow, 1 inch. He's got a regular deli cup set up for him with a starter burrow. No pictures needed, I'm sure you all know exactly what that looks like. ("here's a cup full of dirt...")

I will add more tomorrow!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Glad your little Ephebopus spp. is showing itself quite often, too. So far, I really can't sign the "pethole" saying about mine either. But wouldn't be surprised if it would change over time and age of the T. :D Moses is cute, being grumpy is a trait my A. avic female can show you easily. She's usually a sweetie, moving slowly, not bitey, but once she doesn't want to move anymore (say, for cage maintenance and cleaning the sides and I want her to move a little to reach a spot here and there) she starts baring her fangs while walking and usually turns around in the next moment to bite :D Not really ladylike...but what can you do?

That cage setup looks nice. Just wondering if the bamboo will stay there long, or if the Nhandu will decide to just dig it out ;)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
That's a good point...I should know better than to really try too hard to make enclosures pretty. Persephone remodeled her place bigtime, I am glad I didn't go for looks as much as functionality with her. But she's also in a 10 gallon with a lot more room to add stuff. That up there is just a 5 gal...i'm hoping she'll just take to the hide and....who am I kidding LOL

Anyway with this stupid hurricane the shipping is postponed till probably wednesday when it dies down. guess it'll be a bit longer for pictures of the new bebes.

---------- Post added 10-29-2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

And the little guy only ever goes down in his burrow if I accidentally move his cup, or I have to move it out of the way of something. Other than that he much prefers to wait at the top. He's stalking a cricket as we speak. I kinda want to stay awake to see if he catches it.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
But she's also in a 10 gallon with a lot more room to add stuff. That up there is just a 5 gal...i'm hoping she'll just take to the hide and....who am I kidding LOL
If that's a 5 gal tank, then I'd still add more substrate as I don't think that bamboo is just 2" small or the like ;).
Just take pics from the side if you want to show how much substrate / space there is in a tank. And yeah, with that hurricane over there I'd hate having to wait longer...damn weather...