All rosie owners, please take this poll

Just how psycho is your rosie?

• Total voters

Jeri

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have five, and they are all unpredictable. Sometimes they'll be psycho, others they are pet rocks. Just when you think they have settled into any single temperment, they will change their attitudes just to prove you wrong. The funniest thing is that there is no rhyme, reason, or pattern to their behavior.

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My first G. rosea is a real sweetheart :} She was my first-ever tarantula, I'm so thankful I didn't pass her by that day in the pet store. My second one, a freebie, can be a little crazy at times (running spastic around the terrarium if I move it, for an example). Most of the time though, it's cool. They each have their moments when I startle or scare them, but as far as their behaviour goes, they are total sweethearts.

-Sarah

misfit762

Arachnopeon
My Rosie

I've had mine, Babe Ruth for almost 3 months and he's never, ever acted out in any way. Never flicks hairs or attempts to bite.

CFNSmok.PL

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have one regular and four red forms. All females and so far all very calm.

Smok.

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
my rosea

My Rosehair is usually pretty calm though when you attempt to handle her she gets a bit skittish and jumpy. However, once I introduced her to a male and mating took place she got a bit defensive and even started showing some fang.
She all webbed up inside her hide to lay an egg sac now and hopefully she won't be so high strung after the babies have been removed.

EightLeggedFrea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine has always been mellow, my friends and even my mom handles her. She does, however, scurry around in short bursts of speed when her cage is opened whether it be to feed, water, or handle. When you get her out, however, she slows down. She's never even as much as flicked hairs.

fishwithoutabik

Arachnobaron
I haven't had my adult female long but she is extremely calm and well mannered. She isn't quite the pet rock that I hear they usually are, she walks around a bit and is always out in the open, however she isn't nervous. The one exception was last week when she was in her hide, and I touched her back leg gently. She scared the crap outta me for a sec cause she spun around and smacked my hand! I had never seen her move so fast! but after she reminded me to respect her private hiding spot, she was fine, lol. Lesson learned!

DooM_ShrooM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mines normal it just flickers a lil hair but no severe cases at all:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

slinky1000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi

Hi,
my rosie only used threat display once, that was when i was putting in a new 'hide' for her. usually she allows my hand in the tank without any bother, just disappears to other side of tank. even when i transferred her to a new home, she was placid and behaved. never flicked hairs

Sir Legalot

Arachnopeon
I have three.

nr1. is pitch black with pink hair, 4 inch female, sweet as marshmallows

nr2. is more red in colour, 3 inch female, sweet still, but has kicked hair once.

nr3. looks like your common garden variety(if u live in chile ;) ) , 5.5 inch female, death on eight legs....
.....she is the cuddly little eight legged bloodsucking vampire teddybear from hell....

jellybean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
shes crazy as in she doesnt act like a rock but not mental in a nast aggresive way, shes never threat posed me or kicked hairs

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one that was a proper psyco bitch. getting a sac from her was crazy.

bitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebite
bitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebitebite

Jojos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My rosies are little babies and not agressive at all. One I got at the beginning of December. The other I got this last tuesday the 6.

For now, I'm lucky!;)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi,
my rosie only used threat display once, that was when i was putting in a new 'hide' for her. usually she allows my hand in the tank without any bother, just disappears to other side of tank. even when i transferred her to a new home, she was placid and behaved. never flicked hairs
do yall realize this was dead for 5 months? oh well