All my vertebrates

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I was trying to get a nice quick ventral photo of my Pokie but she moved. While the camera was still out I got these of the Gargoyle instead. They didn't turn out great though.
20170702_215223.jpg
20170702_215235.jpg

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Hey you. Is that a natural blue that snake has on her? Both critters are beautiful.
Thank you! Yes, the blue is natural. She is an Epicrates cenchria cenchria aka Brazilian Rainbow Boa. This photo just happened to capture the blue better than other colors. Typically they exhibit all the colors of the rainbow. Their scales have microscopic ridges that act as prisms in the light. You can see similar iridescence in many other species, particularly right after a shed. All the Epicrates species show it more easily though. Another that is famous for iridescence is Leiopython albertisii aka as White Lipped Python. They are probably the one that shows off iridescence best :)

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
These are not mine and I apologise in advance for the low quality, but I had to share the two photos I was able to get in at N.E.R.D. last weekend.
Tropidolaemus wagleri Wagler's Viper
20170716_164002.jpg

Bothriechis schlegelii Eyelash viper
20170716_163931.jpg

keks

Arachnobaron
Great pics of great snakes, but the one of E. cenchria is adorable ^^.
What, please, is N.E.R.D??

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Great pics of great snakes, but the one of E. cenchria is adorable ^^.
What, please, is N.E.R.D??
E. cenchria is my baby, N.E.R.D. is New England Reptile Distributors. They are one of the foremost breeders of snakes in the U.S.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Wagler's pit viper is one of my favorite snakes! There's a temple in Thailand where visitors regularly handle them (to be clear, this is a bad idea, IMO)

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Wagler's pit viper is one of my favorite snakes! There's a temple in Thailand where visitors regularly handle them (to be clear, this is a bad idea, IMO)
They are stunning snakes for sure. Yeah I agree that they are better as a "Look, don't touch" animal.