Alipes sp. care help

Hermes

Arachnosquire
So after careful thinking I've decided to get my first centipede, I've got a tall tub all set up but I have a few questions. I've had many people tell me that Alipes as a whole like heat, but I've heard others say they prefer room temperature and will even die at around 80 or 85. Can someone clarify this for me? If heat is recommended, how should I go about this? I've been told to keep it near the ceramic heat emitter I use for one of my snakes because heat pads are dangerous for pedes, but I've also heard that heat pads are preferable if a barrier such as styrofoam is used.

Any other input is appreciated. Always looking to learn!

NYAN

Arachnoking
What is your room temp? Mine never exceeds 70 degrees and is more usually in the mid to upper sixties.
Sorry for all the questions, I really want to get it right!
During the day it’s in the low 70s probably. At night, that drops to mid 60s I think.

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
I keep mine (and most of my animals) at 75-78 degrees, with slight dips above and below depending on how well my space heater fares against the weather. I’m currently keeping my A. grandidieri, and kept my former pede of the same sp. closer to the space heater than, say, my gecko. For this reason, its enclosure is always a tad warmer than my others, but still staying in that general range.

Just curious, what snakes do you keep? I had to use CHE’s as well as my heat pads for my snake and gecko for one winter, but in the long run, just getting a space heater saved me a lot of trouble. Perhaps you might consider it?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
My A. grandidieri is at room temp (high 60s at night low to mid 70s during the day) and I've never had any problems. I don't heat any of my inverts.

H Maculata

Arachnopeon
I'm currently keeping mine in the mid to low seventies with occasional temp increase to upper 80s. I have successfully bred one pair and the babies are slowly turning into little pedes. They are voracious eaters most days... Although, they do go dormant here and there for a couple days at a time. I keep them in 32 oz deli cups filled a little over halfway with substrate. They don't burrow down unless harassed. Mine prefer to stay up in the open or partially house under the leaves I have in there. I do have them in living substrate with dwarf iso and spring tails.

Hermes

Arachnosquire
I keep mine (and most of my animals) at 75-78 degrees, with slight dips above and below depending on how well my space heater fares against the weather. I’m currently keeping my A. grandidieri, and kept my former pede of the same sp. closer to the space heater than, say, my gecko. For this reason, its enclosure is always a tad warmer than my others, but still staying in that general range.

Just curious, what snakes do you keep? I had to use CHE’s as well as my heat pads for my snake and gecko for one winter, but in the long run, just getting a space heater saved me a lot of trouble. Perhaps you might consider it?
I have a ball python and a Mexican hognose snake. You?

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
I have a ball python and a Mexican hognose snake. You?
My only snake atm is my rosy boa, but I also have two geckos (leopard gecko and bauer’s chameleon gecko). A space heater would defo benefit you, seeing as, if I’m not mistaken, balls and hoggies prefer slightly higher ambient temps than most snakes, but at the end of the day it’s really your choice. Personally, provided with your situation I’d probably keep the pede closer to one of your CHE’s, but others have attested to room temp being perfectly okay.