Airing my frustrations.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
You're cruel for waving that link in front of me where my curiosity would pique for a second time and I'd be utterly compelled to reread that absurdity in it's entirety
I fell into the same trap. But I really have no regrets.

I noticed that I had kept quiet for what was for me a remarkably long time and jumped in not too long before it was shut down. If it had not been locked, I'll bet it would still be running. :D
It is so infamous that I think it should have been stickied as an "AB Classic". :D The thread has become synonymous with "thread train-wreck" and I and others still refer to it from time to time.

Ah well, I gotta go outside. It is spring, the weeds are popping up, and they are not gonna yell at themselves!

Derivative

Arachnosquire
I hope she gives it to someone more experienced before she kills the tarantula or ends up having one of her kids or her in the er from a long overdue bite

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I actually have video of my big female coming out of her burrow to say hello. I see mine all the time, lucky for me she's made me several windows from which to view her in her fossorial holiness. :D
:shifty:

JK. I can see mine if I lift her enclosure up and peek through the bottom sometimes.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
:shifty:

JK. I can see mine if I lift her enclosure up and peek through the bottom sometimes.
Hehe. I don't even gotta do that - all I need is a flashlight :smug:

My male, however, took camp in the middle of his enclosure. Only sign he's doing okay is that the crickets I send into his lair never resurface. Probably won't see him again until he's hooked out and on the move. :rofl:

Last edited:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Just tell her to let you hold onto the metallica until she’s more experienced. And lest she accuse you of just trying to take her spider, make sure she becomes aware that you know for a fact that she’s putting herself and children in danger and you’re just being honest.

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Step1:
Get a sexed female P.muticus.
Step2:
House the venom dripping, floor slapping intensely stridulating goldenbrown Lady.
Step3:
Get used to dropping food and adding water in a jjack-in-the-hole type of enclosure.
Step4:
Never to see her again.
Rinse and repeat :D

They are gorgeous though...
The voices incessantly whisper, "You already have an OW fossorial, just do it Miranda, take the plunge, buy meeeeeee....."

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The voices incessantly whisper, "You already have an OW fossorial, just do it Miranda, take the plunge, buy meeeeeee....."
Aside from housing, this species is really easy to keep. Just don't open the enclosure if she's aboveground. Which will seldom be a problem because they are seldom aboveground :p
If you want a golden baboon that is visible though, go for Augacephalus ezendami /junodi. True beauty, much less defensive. :)

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Aside from housing, this species is really easy to keep. Just don't open the enclosure if she's aboveground. Which will seldom be a problem because they are seldom aboveground :p
If you want a golden baboon that is visible though, go for Augacephalus ezendami /junodi. True beauty, much less defensive. :)
Thanks! I'll definitely check out that genus :) I really dont mind an angry pet hole though. I know I'll join the cult eventually :rofl:

Bigme213

Arachnosquire
Wondering if the lady was ever wise enough to swap the pokie for something not so hot?

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
Just the thought of someone getting a p. metallica as their first and then handling it sent me into sympathetic hives. How do you get a tarantula and do absolutely no research on it????

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
^lots of people do it and it makes absolutely no sense.

I've had people ask to buy my P.murinus slings asking "does it bite?" "Can I pick it up?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
Yeah, maybe I'm an outlier but I was sitting here with spreadsheets and pros and cons lists for each spider laid out all nice while I was in the 'decision process'. Then I went through the differences of each breed before I settled on the right 'first' for me. Half the fun of tarantulas is learning things about them.:rolleyes:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Oh my, but I have never read the thread about Festes and the other tarantula cuddling, high fiving, and rocking out. That was most entertaining.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
differences of each breed before
Nitpicky tidbit; Ts don't have breeds, but species. The difference being that a breed is basically a suborder of species that have a distinct appearance usually from deliberate/selective breeding. For example, dogs have breeds, but ultimately all dogs are the same species, Canis lupus familiaris. While there are several Ts in the same genus, but different species. I'm not sure if there's something that can be counted as a "breed" by tarantula standards. :)

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
Nitpicky tidbit; Ts don't have breeds, but species. The difference being that a breed is basically a suborder of species that have a distinct appearance usually from deliberate/selective breeding. For example, dogs have breeds, but ultimately all dogs are the same species, Canis lupus familiaris. While there are several Ts in the same genus, but different species. I'm not sure if there's something that can be counted as a "breed" by tarantula standards. :)
Oh I'm well aware, I just tend to simplify/speak colloquially when online. It's a term I commonly use when speaking with my parents about the hobby because they've indicated a certain... impatience for more refined explanations. :rolleyes: It slipped my mind to switch back from that after explaining something to her earlier. Code-switching is real folks.