Airing my frustrations.

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
So.....what happened? Did she take it back? Or is she going to keep it?

AshS

Arachnosquire
I have asked her if she would be willing to swap for one of my adult NW's however that was yesterday, and she hasn't replied to my message. So we'll see what happens. I'm don't think she will listen to reason. I'm at that point where I hope she gets tagged. It's her kids I'm worried about.
But it dose pose a few interesting questions. What effects would Poecilotheria venom have on a child? Would the effects be worse on a smaller body? If a child were young enough could it potentially lethal?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
What effects would Poecilotheria venom have on a child? Would the effects be worse on a smaller body?
Most definitely yes...same can be said about the elderly. Keep in mind that many of the OWs originate from poor third world countries, so even if there were fatal bites...odds are they would go unreported. Plus, how may natives know how to identify tarantulas on a species level?

However, as of now there is no history of any tarantula bite being lethal, but who knows what has happened in the past...I wouldn't take any chances around small children.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I have asked her if she would be willing to swap for one of my adult NW's however that was yesterday, and she hasn't replied to my message. So we'll see what happens. I'm don't think she will listen to reason. I'm at that point where I hope she gets tagged. It's her kids I'm worried about.
But it dose pose a few interesting questions. What effects would Poecilotheria venom have on a child? Would the effects be worse on a smaller body? If a child were young enough could it potentially lethal?
Fortunately and unfortunately as far as I understand, we have no data on this - whether or not it could be fatal if a small child were bit. But considering what it can do to a healthy adult, I don't think I want to find out. I sincerely hope she listens to reason. Did you happen to send her that video when RobC got tagged by that P. ornata? Did she have anything to say on that? Does she want to go through that, or have her children suffer through that?

In the very least, if she has a shred of common sense, I'd think she'd stop handling it like it were a fuzzy hamster and not a venomous animal that can hospitalize you.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I think before today I had no regrets, now my only regret is that I didn't join the boards in time to get in on that amazing thread. I think my quality of life just improved and my eyes have been opened to the glory of the 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH. @Chris LXXIX how do i join the one true religion?

Mithricat

Arachnosquire
I'm not sure it can be lethal but it will definitely warrant extended hospitalization. When it comes to venom size does matter and it would take much less to hurt a child. Best case would be excruciating pain for over a week,and that is with medical support...

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Gotta get with the program kiddo...:kiss:
But I already read through it when it first happened! Having to go through all 19 pages for a second time to refresh my memory was brutal :dead: I swear, curiosity is a curse.

It's my favorite reading material for a rainy day! :bookworm:

:troll:
I can understand why. It's one giant mix of fiction, non-fiction, suspense, science, theology, philosophy, action, conflict, comedy, and I'm sure a ton of other things my brain is far too fried to remember :confused: :rofl:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm not sure it can be lethal but it will definitely warrant extended hospitalization. When it comes to venom size does matter and it would take much less to hurt a child. Best case would be excruciating pain for over a week,and that is with medical support...
The venom can create heart palpitations and muscle spasms in adults, so it stands to reason those symptoms will be much, much worse for a child. Stuff of nightmares really :(

Minty

@londontarantulas
In this scenario the best case is the person gets bit by an OW due to their own stupidity and drops dead, survival of the fittest.

The planet doesn't need any more stupid than it already has. I hope this person hasn't bred providing offspring with more stupidity.
Hoping someone drops dead. Immature.

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
^ I agree, I think this is a bad situation, but it isn't to the level of wishing death upon her. It isn't even close to that bad.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think before today I had no regrets, now my only regret is that I didn't join the boards in time to get in on that amazing thread. I think my quality of life just improved and my eyes have been opened to the glory of the 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH. @Chris LXXIX how do i join the one true religion?
Step1:
Get a sexed female P.muticus.
Step2:
House the venom dripping, floor slapping intensely stridulating goldenbrown Lady.
Step3:
Get used to dropping food and adding water in a jjack-in-the-hole type of enclosure.
Step4:
Never to see her again.
Rinse and repeat :D

They are gorgeous though...

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Step1:
Step2:
House the venom dripping, floor slapping intensely stridulating goldenbrown Lady.
Step3:
Get used to dropping food and adding water in a jjack-in-the-hole type of enclosure.
Step4:
Never to see her again.

I actually have video of my big female coming out of her burrow to say hello. I see mine all the time, lucky for me she's made me several windows from which to view her in her fossorial holiness. :D

Sinned

Arachnosquire
  1. She is keeping it in a terrestrial enclosure
  2. IT'S ON HER ARM!!
Not only that she has a 4 year old kid and a 7 month old baby.
For anyone who joined after the aquarius themed tarantula, here's the thread in question :)
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/im...rnata-lacking-confidence.297756/#post-2677662
[ giphy.com gif removed by mods - Walter White, shaking his head and closing a laptop - copyright infringement]

@Kendricks - Agreed, a picture(gif) says more at times. The thread @Andrea82 linked gave me a few good laughs ... kinda?

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Step1:
Step2:
Step3:
Step4:
Never to see her again.

No! :kiss: