Airconditioned room

Are They okay in an airconditioned room every night?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TarantulabeginneR

Arachnopeon
I live in the philippines and every night my room is air conditioned is that okay? Im worried about the slings brachypelma albopilosum,Brachypelma vagans,Salmon pink bird eater

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
As long as they're not getting cold and/or have the a/c blowing directly on their enclosures you should be fine.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Assuming you are not cranking the A/C to arctic temperatures, it shouldn't be a problem. A general rule of thumb is that if you are comfortable (without putting on a jacket or sweater), then so are your pets. Just be sure the cages are not located directly underneath/next to the air conditioning vent, because if the cold air is blowing directly on them, then it might get too cold for them.

If you are worried about the air conditioning drying out the cages too much, you can just fill water dishes more often, overflow the dishes a bit so the substrate gets a little moist at one side of the tank, or even block off some of the ventilation if you have highly ventilated tops (like screen tops or the plastic mesh on a kritter keeper). You can cover part of the screen or mesh to reduce moisture loss, while still leaving enough uncovered to maintain adequate ventilation/air flow.

MrPromidius

Arachnopeon
Well it's not that big kind of a deal to be a life-threatening danger to them but in some way they would grow a bit slower than keeping them at room temps. but as I searched that the temps there in the Philippines is likely to reach 30-33 °C, I would probably go search about how high are the temps on where they live in naturally and just go find a spot in your house where the air is likely to be a bit more cooler than the air outside.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I live in Guangzhou and it gets really hot here in summer, my collection is in a non air conditioned room now but when I started out they were in my bedroom which is air conditioned. In there for years and no I’ll effects.

Just make sure the air is not blowing directly on their enclosures and you’ve got no problem.