Ahhh, blessed quiet...

keks

Arachnobaron
I know this feeling: I spent a half night to find the clittering cricket in my old big flat, it drove me crazy with it's noise. Every time I turned on the light, there was absolute silence. When I turned off the light, it starts to make noise.
Like a radar I could minimize the radius of this noise. After hours I found it behind the refrigerator. Silence. Heaven, how good can silence be.
From this time I only bought semi-adult crickets ^^.

Last edited:

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
This is why i stopped using crickets... damn noisy little creatures from hell... I had a couple of the buggers escape while i was collecting some for feeding, i thought i had them all but i was SOOOOO wrong. The damn male managed to go up the wall and into a fire detector alarm thing and just sat in the hole in the ceiling, chirping away for a day or two till it died.... NEVER again.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Silent crickets are phenomenal. Adult males that barely make a sound.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Had a male get stuck inbetween my wall and window framing, couldn't find it for hours. 4am-6am. I now break off their legs when I get them, or at least as many as I can

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Had a male get stuck inbetween my wall and window framing, couldn't find it for hours. 4am-6am. I now break off their legs when I get them, or at least as many as I can
Oh yuk ! Mind you that being said we all have to cut up and smash a few heads etc for our slings and anything which is abit slow ( such as my little Eauthlus Red Sp ) lol

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Oh yuk but that being said we all have to do that , or smash a few heads when feeding our slings ( or my slow Eauthlus Red Sp )

basin79

ArachnoGod
Are silent crickets not available in the US/Europe?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm sure I've seen them in England, but I usually feed Locust.
Yeah I live in England. They're absolutely fantastic. Bigger than banded crickets, just seem a little bit smaller than blacks.

keks

Arachnobaron
Are silent crickets not available in the US/Europe?
I've never heard of silent crickets. We only get here this noisy crickets (Acheta domesticus) or Gryllus assmilii and Gryllus bimaculatus. I don't like Gryllus, no idea why.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Silent crickets are phenomenal. Adult males that barely make a sound.
Na, the mature males are bloody noisy bastards, drove me up the wall so I'd always try to feed them off first (just dump a few in with the genic or my LP/LD and watch them have a little massacre), one hid in the skull ornament in my scorpion enclosure and wouldn't shut up all night until I clocked where he was hid and squished his head.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Little devils. This makes me think of that blaster/gun in the movie Men in Black, that was called the "the noisy cricket"....I couldv'e used it that night on that cricket! haha Glad my T did the job for me.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Na, the mature males are bloody noisy bastards, drove me up the wall so I'd always try to feed them off first (just dump a few in with the genic or my LP/LD and watch them have a little massacre), one hid in the skull ornament in my scorpion enclosure and wouldn't shut up all night until I clocked where he was hid and squished his head.
My silent cricket males barely make a sound. It's why I buy them.