1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agressive Tarantula's

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by pokiecollector, Aug 1, 2004.

1. pokiecollector

pokiecollector Arachnoknight

What do you think is the 3 most agressive tarantula's ? just want to know other members opinions...i think usambra orange, skeleton tarantula, and cobalt blue...thanks...

2. RichardDegville

RichardDegville Arachnoknight Old Timer

The politically correct term is defensive any how lol in my exp

1. Citharischius crawshayi aka king baboon

2. haplopelma sp vietnam

3. Pterinochilus murinus both momasa and usambara
  3. conway

conway Arachnoknight Old Timer

wouldnt Cerotagurys or however you spell it come into this? they look like a mean species...
  4. RichardDegville

RichardDegville Arachnoknight Old Timer

lol yeh Ceratogyrus sp are defensive but until you have owen these sp

1. Citharischius crawshayi aka king baboon

2. haplopelma sp vietnam

3. Pterinochilus murinus both momasa and usambara

many you havent seen a defensive tarantula lol
  5. 8 leg wonder

8 leg wonder Arachnoangel Old Timer

my vote exactly
  6. spidergoddess

spidergoddess spidergoddess Old Timer

I've never seen so much as a threat display from my P. murinus Usambara. It's not like the majority of its species, I suppose. The most defensive (and scary) one I've got is Chilobrachys sp. Asian Smoky - that one jumps at me and bites anything I use to touch a leg for herding purposes. I've got C. brachycephalus, another one I wouldn't mess with unnecessarily, but so far it hasn't made my adrenaline rise much. Same as my P. murinus, it will calmly walk into the spidey-moving-pitcher when a leg is touched.
  7. The Juice

The Juice Arachnoangel Old Timer

From my experience I would say

Cobalt Blue
    Vietnamese/ Thailand Tiger
  8. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Arachnoprince Old Timer

In my experience, I don't think it could really be narrowed down to 3 species.
    Inevitably you will find a species with a "sweetheart" reputation that will out threaten, slap, strike, hiss etc. (or at the very least, rival them) species with the nastiest reputations. On the same coin, you may find one of the reputedly nasty species that may be calm or even docile.
    In any such case, an individual hobbyist may be inclined to say "My N. monochromatus is one of my 3 nastiest species." But that sp. will probably not even be listed by it's average reputation.
    Anyhow, on average you can narrow it down but just keep in mind that a species' overall reputation definitely does not apply to every single specimen in that bracket.

Take care.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  9. this is a good selction. i have a h.lividum and i would'en touch it.
  10. Nastiest T's

Alot of T's can be nasty if they feel threatened, but in my experience I would say Usambara Baboon, H Lividum and Theraphosa apophysis.
  11. First of all I say Hello to all, I;m First time here, so what about question:
    *P. Murinus
  12. Skeleton ? I didn't ever see this spider,maybe i know some another name of this spider,Could You tell me or show this spider?
  13. The Juice

The Juice Arachnoangel Old Timer

14. TheEternal

TheEternal Arachnoprince Old Timer

Exactly! I have to have the worlds most docile E. murinus ;)

My vote goes for:
    1) Stromotopelma calceatum
    2) Pterinochilus murinus
    3) Nhandu chromatus (this may just be mine acting this way)

15. TRowe

TRowe Arachnoknight Old Timer

I dunno... I think there's room on the top 3 for at least one Poecilotheria species. Hmmm... maybe even Hysterocrates gigas. This is a tough one. I definitely agree with the Pterinochilus sp., though.

16. Chris R

Chris R Arachnopeon

I think individual personalities enter into this somewhere.
    A recently purchased B. rudloffi made a run for me when I placed her in a new abode. (It might be a male but prior life experiences lead me to believe it's a she!)
    Beautiful colours and disposition to match!
  17. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Arachnoprince Old Timer

If there were one Poecilotheria sp. (on average ;))that may be a touch bolder than the others...my vote goes for P. ornata.

18. David Burns

David Burns Arachnoprince Old Timer

The T that I have that I will never let out or try to tranfer. The meanest T I own is a S.calceatum. It is a mature male and he basically flies around inside its container. He leaps at the flashlight when I shine it on the glass. When I spray water thru the lid, he leaps at the soure of the spray. He literally bounces around when I accidently disturb him. He scares the hell out of me. I have OBTs, C.crawshayi, H.lividums and Hysterocates spc., but I never want another one of these!!!
  19. FryLock

FryLock Banned

Hehe yes the only psyco poke i ever owned was a female P.orn i also had a friend (no longer in the hobby) who had too call on a hobbist m8 of his to help him get a ornata back in its tank ;P
  20. usumbaraboy

usumbaraboy Arachnobaron Old Timer

yeah i think a regalis should be in there but the hapophlema's from what iv seen are very defensive and the usumbaras should be there since mine is very very defensive but im not sure about some of the other species so i think it should be a top 5 not a top 3