aggressive heterometrus petersi female

Jakub

Arachnopeon
My female has been aggressive to the male for cca 2 months because she was gravid, now she gave birth like a week ago and whenever i put her in her original enclosure where the male is, she is aggressive and pushes him out of his hide or wrestles him while he tries to sting her with his telson
how long should i keep them separated?
edit: there was no problem before, i even bought them together in the same box

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Jakub, wait until the babies reach 2i and are away from the mother. This takes about one week to two weeks. Then put the babies in separate containers. After that, make sure the mother is ok and feed her again. If she doesn't eat wait a few days or week and try again but make sure she eats first. Introduce the male and be sure to supervise them for safety reasons. Take this slowly and be sure not to rush anything.

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
Spot on advice. This is normal behavior, especially since they are in somewhat of a confined space the mother is only trying to protect her brood from the male. Watch closely for the scorplings to molt in the next week or so because the mother will be hungry and may eat the scorplings.

Jakub

Arachnopeon
Hi Jakub, wait until the babies reach 2i and are away from the mother. This takes about one week to two weeks. Then put the babies in separate containers. After that, make sure the mother is ok and feed her again. If she doesn't eat wait a few days or week and try again but make sure she eats first. Introduce the male and be sure to supervise them for safety reasons. Take this slowly and be sure not to rush anything.
Thing is, the mother is fed, the babies are already away for about a week or so. Did the exact thing you write here. She should not be hungry, she ate a roach, but she is still extremely aggresive towards the male, even more than before she gave birth. I will try to give her some more time, maybe feed her again.
Anyway, thanks for responses, I will keep this thread updated.