Aggresive / Defensive stance

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Agreed. There are a few topics that always end this way. E_town is right though. Using the term aggressive to describe tarantulas only hurts the hobby and promotes the perception of big bad spiders that alienates us from the uneducated masses.
My views too, but the debate will go on..... eternally. As will the handling debate, the substrate debate, etc.

Attachments

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yup, I'm trying to start a new debate though. A smiley usage debate - and that smiley you have there is awesome!!

My views too, but the debate will go on..... eternally. As will the handling debate, the substrate debate, etc.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The correct answer is defensive. :D
The quicker we all accept this, the sooner we can get back to abusing smileys. :D:D:D:D{D

Defensive or aggressive?:confused:
That is the question!:D
Does one have a definitive answer?:eek:
Without being suggestive?:wall:

Lennie Collins

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:? :D :worship: :8o :eek: :razz: {D :( :evil: ;P :) :wall: :confused: :embarrassed: :eek: :liar: :mad: :drool: :rolleyes: :clap: :cool: {D :p :} ;) :3::5: :2: :4:

There...I abused it!
Now should I lose it?
Hey...what's that?
There's a monkey on your back!

Which tarantula is considered the LAPD of the hobby?
You know...will attack your butt for no reason and use excessive force!

Moultmaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I work for a zoological facility and we have a lot of insects and arachnids. At no point during my workday am I allowed to use the term "aggressive" and must use the term "defensive" when describing any behaviour that may be percieved that way. Hope that helps.

Lennie Collins

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I work for a zoological facility and we have a lot of insects and arachnids. At no point during my workday am I allowed to use the term "aggressive" and must use the term "defensive" when describing any behaviour that may be percieved that way. Hope that helps.
You are an adult! You should say whatever the <edit> you want...shoot. Go ahead use aggressive! I dare ya'.....no I triple dare ya'!

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL. {D {D

:? :D :worship: :8o :eek: :razz: {D :( :evil: ;P :) :wall: :confused: :embarrassed: :eek: :liar: :mad: :drool: :rolleyes: :clap: :cool: {D :p :} ;) :3::5: :2: :4:

There...I abused it!
Now should I lose it?
Hey...what's that?
There's a monkey on your back!

Which tarantula is considered the LAPD of the hobby?
You know...will attack your butt for no reason and use excessive force!
I find this comment to be very aggressive... ;)

You are an adult! You should say whatever the <edit> you want...shoot. Go ahead use aggressive! I dare ya'.....no I triple dare ya'!

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's always excessive force... My T could easily prevent me from disturbing it by just asking for a bit of privacy. Fanging me and injecting venom is uncalled for.

I thought we all agreed to call them defensive... :p

Which tarantula uses excessive force...since we all want to labelled them aggressive!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
This is MUCH better than a debate... agressive/defensive humor!!!

Lennie Collins

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some people call tarantulas defensive!
Some people call 'em aggressive!
Call 'em what you want!
Some folks are just being suggestive!

Call 'em what you want!
This topic is excessive!

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ooooo.....i have a aggresive tarantula,,not "Definsive",,i know if this tarantula got out of her tank at night she would be coming looking for me,

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Ooooo.....i have a aggresive tarantula,,not "Definsive",,i know if this tarantula got out of her tank at night she would be coming looking for me,
Woulnd't happen. No matter how defensive they are in their enclosure, an escaped T will NEVER seek you out!

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Woulnd't happen. No matter how defensive they are in their enclosure, an escaped T will NEVER seek you out!
In my experience adult S. calceatum consider anything within a mile of their water dish their enclosure.