Aggghh, the Emps are eating cats!

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and people wonder why i moved from pinellas park Fla to Canada.....
sheesh

The Bear

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol, at least they added some fact at the end of the article to defend the scorpion a little. It could have been worse:rolleyes:

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
baaaaaaaaaahahahaa

good lord. A little journalistic research would often times be such a wonderful thing to see. From what I've heard, Cats are way more likely to win against a wee lil scorpion :p

If this Emperor took out 3 cats, it should be preserved, studied..cloned..and more of these super Emps distributed to help the captive bred trade :)

And for the record, an Emp borrowing near a pile of sand? doesnt sound like the best place it could find to live. Too arid and dry of a place. A patch of moist soil sounds like a better place.

I won't bother to pick apart the rest of the "news report". As it seems to be written by a middle aged person who had no interest in it than just seeing it submitted and getting paid :)

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
walton... Click the messege in the first post, it's link...

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's just as easy that the cats drank anti freeze. It is an auto repair place after all.

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Out of 1,100 species of scorpions, less than 30 are considered dangerous to humans. In fact, the sting of most scorpions is similar to a bee sting
Good thing they put that bit in it!
I doubt that an emperor could kill a cat tho...

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Ha... to be honest, that newreport is about 1000 times more accurate than any newsreport about tarantulas! It's amazing how accurate it is... in comparison ;)

mantid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You know, I work at a pesticide plant and I've been having a similiar problem. Whenever I take in cats they always die. Yesterday I found the problem, a garden spider! I should have known, these deadly critters get into everything. Man are they vicious. I am now going on a raid to find all of the garden spiders I can so my cats won't fall victim to them again.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no prob man. i sat there for a moment before i realized there was a link.

Eggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most of the newsreporters are so dumb and trying to blow up a litle case like is is normal for them.
In other words what they say is that if they find a dead elephant and they find a Emp nearby the body. then it is the Emp that killed the Elephant.

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Unless the 3 cats all happened to be highly allergic, there ain't no way. Now if that scorp WASN'T and emp, and was another black scorp like say A. bicolor, then we might have something.

More than likely... "Aw crap, we killed 3 cats, the boss is gonna freak! Quick, go to the pet store and grab a scorpion!" and the rest is history.... :rolleyes:

thesupermonkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Too funny!
I was watching the The Mummy II the other night and the featured desert scorpion in every scene was the emperor! But you have to admit, they are pretty intimidating in appearance.

I say good riddance to the cats.
If all it takes for a native supply of emperors is sacrificing a bunch of feral cats I'm all for it! {D

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thesupermonkey said:
I say good riddance to the cats.
If all it takes for a native supply of emperors is sacrificing a bunch of feral cats I'm all for it! {D
thats probably why other people take decisions for you, idiot. :mad:

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The article did have some good parts of truth. So the author did some homework. But I detest the use of wording he/she used throughout it. "Appears..Apparently" they just used vague wording. And if they dug up enough info to find out where the Emp came from, I'm sure they could dig up the info to say "No, this scorpion did not kill those cats."