AGB acting strange

Thaisthetic

Arachnopeon
I've had my African Giant Millipede since December, it's been doing super good, eating, exercising, sleeping etc. But now when I were to check on it it was curled up into a ball, not very unusual per se, but sometimes when I check on it and it's curled up I try to kind of wake it up a bit to see how it's doing.
Now when I poked at it it felt kind of limp, it moved its legs a tiny bit but nothing more. I am super scared this means it's dying or something, the only other thing I can think of it might being is that it's in premoult, but I am having a hard time finding any information online on how these look when in premoult.
Could anyone maybe help me get a diagnos on this little fella?

Millipedematt

Arachnosquire
Well if you AGB is already mature it could be ending it life cycle soon. Maybe try offering it supplement food like a slice of cucumber and raise the humidity. In premolt the millipede will start to turn into a light grey i believe and will turn into a chalky white/grey color as it gets ready to molt. Could you possibly take a photo or video of the problem that you are describing by any chance?

Thaisthetic

Arachnopeon
Well if you AGB is already mature it could be ending it life cycle soon. Maybe try offering it supplement food like a slice of cucumber and raise the humidity. In premolt the millipede will start to turn into a light grey i believe and will turn into a chalky white/grey color as it gets ready to molt. Could you possibly take a photo or video of the problem that you are describing by any chance?
I have been giving it supplement food about once every week and it currently has some in. I am not really sure about how old it is but I am pretty sure it's not mature because it's still kind of thin and not very long. It's about 15-20cm and about the same width as a finger. About the color it's still the same as it has been for a long while, now it seems to have been trying to curl out of the ball but it's still barely moving, it's actually not moving its legs at all now. But when I try to help it curl up it's resisting, I am very confused about this behaviour really.
Unfortunately I can't get a video or image because it's too dark and my flash on the phone is not working too well currently.

Thaisthetic

Arachnopeon
It's up and trying to walk now, but it's terribly slow, almost kind of weak.

Millipedematt

Arachnosquire
Just give it a few days. Make sure the living conditions are extra taken care of and i'm pretty sure someone more qualified will have some information regarding your questions. Good luck and i hope all goes well

Thaisthetic

Arachnopeon
Just give it a few days. Make sure the living conditions are extra taken care of and i'm pretty sure someone more qualified will have some information regarding your questions. Good luck and i hope all goes well
I added a lot more moisture, seemed to do the trick. I am very surprised it worked actually, it just woke up immediately.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Sometimes when they do that they are getting ready to molt. If your humidity is low or your guy is dehydrated it could be a real problem. I hate to suggest more humidity when I have no idea what your current conditions are, but if I catch one curling on the surface, I moisten a large leaf, like sea grape, Indian almond or magnolia and cover the millipede. My substrate is quite humid but this adds more. I don’t put the leaf right on the animal, if I need to do so, I push the substrate in a little and bridge the leaf over.