AFS Found Dead But Why?

SolomonJack

Arachnopeon
I have a communal setup of 5 juvenile Asian forest scorpions in a 35 gallon tank. I always check the tank before I leave for work and I saw something suspicious. One of them had their tail fully extended out of her hide. I grabbed my tweezers and pulled out what I thought was a molted skin. It was more or less empty but did stink a little. I looked deeper into the hide and I saw a mass of pearly white... something... I pulled away the hide and found a pile of, what I can only assume were guts. Nothing that resembled a dead freshly molted scorpion. The skin was not flipped upside down and the tail was pointing out which makes me think it was a post-molt attack. The girls had all had a nice meal a few days ago.

Anybody have any idea what might have happened?

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
That's the risk of keeping them communally. If advise getting some clear high visibility enclosures, one per animal. Scorps don't benefit from being together.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmm, was it worm shaped? the 'guts' you mentioned

could have been a nematode as you say the body was "empty", but would be hard for a Juvenile to be infected i believe, unless it was WC?