African T's part II

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BileDrunk said:
Want one want one want one!!! (translate that to mean I want 3...at least).
Me too!! Me too!!!

Beautiful T. Beautiful. . . :drool: :drool:

(really need a green with envy smilie)

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Aghhh. Until I saw Eric's pictures, I didn't think anybody in the US had one of those....you're killing me.

Gary, I love the last two shots of the Stromatopelma's. Nice effect with the shadows and the reflection.

As for the Stromatopelma male, geeze, I thought a P. cambridgei male looked like it had walking fuzzy pipe cleaner legs.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aghhh. Until I saw Eric's pictures, I didn't think anybody in the US had one of those....you're killing me.
I know Todd had WC adults (or juvies, I'm not sure) for sale awhile back... I saw them listed at least, don't know who purchased them.

As far as the slings go, some were brought in but I'm guessing they were kept by a select few. I have only this one.

I saw (from his post on another forum) that Richard Gallon has a sac that's a few weeks old right now, which is good news, for those in Europe especially.

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here are a few pics of some of my Africans... a few years ago, I did not have much interest in them, but I have to admit, they really grow on you...

Last edited:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And here are pictures of two of my females E. olivacea... they are nice animals indeed...

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Martin, what is the last spider in your first set of pics?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
It's a Augacephalus junodi I think, but of course, I could be very wrong.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it is H-villosella.
Are you speaking of the first spider pictured Eddy?, that certainly looks like H. villosella to me? I was wondering about the last picture in the first set of pics (photo #4).

It's a Augacephalus junodi I think, but of course, I could be very wrong.
I thought the second picture was and Augacephalus, but didn't recognize the last one as being one... :? All the photos of Augacephalus I've seen have had the "starburst" pattern on the carapace, not that it's a good thing to go by or anything! It's cool looking whatever it is.

Last edited:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
here is what I think they might be:

H. villosella
A. junodi
C. marshalli
P. lugardi

robustum1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
tarcan said:
here is what I think they might be:

H. villosella
A. junodi
C. marshalli
P. lugardi
Hiho,
this i think too,
best regards Jürgen

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Everytime I look at this thread (and the first), I start fiending for more Ts. :wall:

The E.olivacea are stunning! :worship:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
E. olivacea

My Encyocratella olivacea sling molted a few days ago and is ~1.25" now.

Man these things are gorgeous.

Kumalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pt. lugardi with Offspring ;-)

Pt. chordatus mating

Last edited:

SilentMercury

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hercules

Here is my herc. Got (it) as a sling. I think it is female, though not sure yet. It is still growing, and slow at that. One shot is when it was 3 in. and the others are the current 5.5 in. One of my favorites.

Last edited:

SilentMercury

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My two Kings

Here are my two king baboons. One is a female and the other is a juvy. The female is about 6.5 in. and the juvy is about 3.5 in.

Last edited:

SilentMercury

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some kind of Starburst, ID appreciated

This is a specimen I know only as a Pterinochilus species. It is a 4 in. female.
*****Special info - At one time I had this female living next door to my H. Lividium in a 10 gallon tank split in half (it was very secure). After throwing in some crickets to both sides, apparently, I didn't secure the lid all the way down. I woke up to do a check on my collection and couldn't find the Cobalt!
After tearing up my room I made a triple check in the side with the Starburst and after uncovering her burrow, I found her devouring the cobalt! SHE ATE THE WHOLE THING. God she was plump after that. I wish I had a camera at the time. I bought a replacement H. lividium the next week. That specimen molted a week after I got it and split open the prosoma during the process. It died two days later. I have really bad luck with cobalts. Maybe someday....

Last edited:

SilentMercury

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rhinohorned

This is my Rhinohorned baboon. I am not exactly certain on the specific name(Ceratogyrus brachycephalus). She is barely 4 in. She burrows like crazy and never comes out. These pics were taken as I cleaned her enclosure.

Last edited:

SilentMercury

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ornamental baboon

Here is my male H. maculata. He is on his way to Gary for a date with his female. "Later, little buddy, but I was hoping you would be a female!"

Last edited: