African flat rock scorpion dead?

WhiteRabbit1220

Arachnopeon
My scorpion is laying in it's water dish (that was almost full) and hasn't moved for three days. It was shallow enough to get out of. I blew on it and gently poked it, and after 1 day moved it's claw with a little paint brush. I don't get a response. I don't smell anything but 3 days is 3 days. I've had it for a couple years and never seen it molt, is that normal? I was hoping it was going to molt. :( Should I bury it?
It was only 4 years old I'd say.

MES

Arachnosquire
My scorpion is laying in it's water dish (that was almost full) and hasn't moved for three days. It was shallow enough to get out of. I blew on it and gently poked it, and after 1 day moved it's claw with a little paint brush. I don't get a response. I don't smell anything but 3 days is 3 days. I've had it for a couple years and never seen it molt, is that normal? I was hoping it was going to molt. :( Should I bury it?
3 days in a water dish is definitely not normal. Unfortunately, I would have to guess your scorpion died. :'( Just to be sure though, I would try to move it out of the water dish with a paintbrush/spoon/etc and see if you get a response. Do you have any pictures?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
You say it has never molted since you have kept it, that's probably because it's a wild caught adult of unknown age. Take it out of the water dish and leave for another 24 hours, if still no response perform the ceremony.

WhiteRabbit1220

Arachnopeon
You say it has never molted since you have kept it, that's probably because it's a wild caught adult of unknown age. Take it out of the water dish and leave for another 24 hours, if still no response perform the ceremony.
That would make me feel better. I didn't think he'd be that old but it's possible.
I don't think I'll get anymore scorpions. I had an emperor to die suddenly too but I don't think I kept him humid enough.

Do you have any pictures?
No, sorry.

Guess I'll bury it now. Thanks for the replies.