African Fat Tail not eating! HELP!

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I agree that five gallon would only be sufficient as a temporary enclosure for a baby. Do yourself -and more importantly, the gecko - a favour, and go for a 15 or 20 (and I recommend a 20 long). You'll be happier with the space to be a little creative with the set-up, and the lizard will enjoy the extra real estate.
To be honest, I've found a 20 gallon to even be a little restrictive, aesthetically speaking. By the time you include the necessary hides even a 20 seems a bit cramped to me. But the gecko should do well in a 20 in spite of that.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
I had a female for about 8 months. The entire time she was with me she ate maybe a total of 2 crickets. She just was not interested in anything at all. I tried mealworms, roaches, crickets. I even tried sticking her in with the mealworms for a few seconds. She just would not eat. Her tail finally started losing alot of girth. I ended up shipping her to a fellow member, and they took her to a reptile rehab. Last i heard she was doing very well and eating like a horse. Sorry i cant really help you though. Hope yours gets to eating soon.
Ik this is a late reply but did you take her to the vet at all? She could’ve had medical anorexia. My leopard gecko had it for many months and hardly ate n lost a small amount of weight but was otherwise perfectly healthy. We got her on carnivore care and laxatives a while back now she’s back to being my most voracious eater along with my monitor.