African bullfrog filtration

AirNomad99

Arachnopeon
So I have my dwarf African bullfrog in a 20 gallon long tank and was thinking on dividing the tank into half water, half substrate. What kind of filter should i use? I saw afroherpkeeper do the same thing with his giant ABF in a 40 gallon. Any recommendations on what kind of filter to use?

basin79

ArachnoGod
So I have my dwarf African bullfrog in a 20 gallon long tank and was thinking on dividing the tank into half water, half substrate. What kind of filter should i use? I saw afroherpkeeper do the same thing with his giant ABF in a 40 gallon. Any recommendations on what kind of filter to use?
I just used a washing up bowl for my pixie. If I went down that route though I'd be using a big external filter. I know yours is a dwarf but he/she will still produce a lot of waste. Over filtering will be a must.

AirNomad99

Arachnopeon
I just used a washing up bowl for my pixie. If I went down that route though I'd be using a big external filter. I know yours is a dwarf but he/she will still produce a lot of waste. Over filtering will be a must.
I currently use a big bowl too, i just want him to have a nicer water area that stays clean all the time. I was also planing on using a external filter

basin79

ArachnoGod
I currently use a big bowl too, i just want him to have a nicer water area that stays clean all the time. I was also planing on using a external filter
With the sheer amount of waste I'm unsure if a filter will keep the water clean enough but a massive external filter with plenty of media will be your best bet.

AirNomad99

Arachnopeon
With the sheer amount of waste I'm unsure if a filter will keep the water clean enough but a massive external filter with plenty of media will be your best bet.
yea thats what I would like to do and im totally fine with that, would you happen to know what specific kind or brand of filter would be good for something like that?

basin79

ArachnoGod
yea thats what I would like to do and im totally fine with that, would you happen to know what specific kind or brand of filter would be good for something like that?
Haven't needed one for many a year but Eheim always used to be the bees knees. Not sure if they still are though. Might be worth having a nosey on some fish keeping forums. Particularly piranha keepers as they require extensive filters too.

AirNomad99

Arachnopeon
Haven't needed one for many a year but Eheim always used to be the bees knees. Not sure if they still are though. Might be worth having a nosey on some fish keeping forums. Particularly piranha keepers as they require extensive filters too.
Thank you! ill definitely check that out

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
I would recommend using a DIY clarifier as other types of filters such as canisters have a tendency to get clogged with lots of waste. I used these with cooters and found them to be really effective especially when the waste is removed thrice weekly.

AirNomad99

Arachnopeon
I would recommend using a DIY clarifier as other types of filters such as canisters have a tendency to get clogged with lots of waste. I used these with cooters and found them to be really effective especially when the waste is removed thrice weekly.
ill check it out !