Advice on C.Versicolor Enclosure

codicez

Arachnosquire
Hi guys! How are you !?

I'm soon will rehouse my Caribena Versicolor in a Exoterra Nano Tall enclosure.

I would like any advice or if you can post your " setup picture " enclosure so I can get some idea on it.
At moment this is how it will looks like, I will need to hotglue the corkbar and plants on but this is the idea. Maybe adding more fake leaf around.

IMG_20180706_191137.jpg

I read that the top lid is fine with mesh cuz Juvenile/Adult avic don't have a problem with it so I don't need to change with acrilic one, is that correct?

Her current enclosure is this one, she seems in premolt so after it I will probably rehouse her in it.

She just recently web all around the " top " of the lid.But she is fine, when I open it she doesn't run away.
IMG_20180703_231817.jpg

IMG_20180703_232107.jpg

So if you can give any advice or show your setup it will be much appreciate :D
Thanks!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Enclosure looks good, don't forget the water dish.
I read that the top lid is fine with mesh cuz Juvenile/Adult avic don't have a problem with it so I don't need to change with acrilic one, is that correct?
They can still get stuck, its rare though.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I would still replace or at least cover the mesh. While Avics and their kin are good climbers, it's not unheard of for them to get stuck. Here is a recent example of an Avic that got stuck to a screen lid while trying to molt. (Fortunately, the Avic was unharmed, but it could have ended badly.)

I have also seen my first tarantula, a mature female Avicularia avicularia, get stuck in the screen of an Exo Terra and then fall while trying to free herself. I was grateful that she wasn't hurt, but that was enough of a scare for me to cover the mesh with a loosely draped sheet of cotton to discourage climbing.