Advice on a couple enclosures

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I feel pretty comfortable with my Euathlus slings now, and they don’t have a very big appetite. It’s actually the tiny sling-ness that drew me to the diversipes. I find slings really interesting and would like to have an arboreal one. I assume the diversipes is much faster and more prone to bolting out of the enclosure than my Euathlus slings so that’s one concern I have.

I appreciate the honesty by the way.
There's a very big difference. Bolting and jumping keep in mind. And a fair bit more fragile too. Slow growing too.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
There's a very big difference. Bolting and jumping keep in mind. And a fair bit more fragile too. Slow growing too.
I don’t mind the slow growing part. I don’t have much experience dealing with bolting, and I imagine it would be more stressful with a sling because they’re so fragile. I was kinda looking forward to dealing with that to be honest but maybe I should chill a bit with the new experiences..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I don’t mind the slow growing part. I don’t have much experience dealing with bolting, and I imagine it would be more stressful with a sling because they’re so fragile. I was kinda looking forward to dealing with that to be honest but maybe I should chill a bit with the new experiences..
All about how confident you are. You have a great resource here to help with whatever you need.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
All about how confident you are. You have a great resource here to help with whatever you need.
That’s for sure! I feel pretty confident but it may be partially the excitement of getting into the hobby is making me overconfident, if that makes any sense. :wacky:
I enjoy making enclosures anyway so I’ll probably try preparing one and think it over in the meantime. Thanks Venom.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I’m curious if this would be too much ventilation for a tiny sling. From what I’ve read on here it seems that even with slings in general needing more moisture, it’s still better to err on the side of good circulation for Avic slings. But I don’t feel like I fully understand the balance.

A842C1E8-050A-447E-ABD2-04EC3694E9E1.jpeg

RileyT

Arachnopeon
Yay, my first optimistic rainbow. ;)

I had one more kinda random enclosure question. Has anyone ever used one of these plastic spice jar type containers to house a small arboreal sling, or are there any obvious issues with using one? I like that you can open part of the lid or unscrew the whole thing. I’d add plenty of side ventilation and all that good stuff.
There’s also a ~1/4” Y. diversipes sling I’m considering. The addiction has hit hard. :rolleyes:

View attachment 257647
Absolutely, I did and I think it was really convenient for feeding and allowing ventilation in also.