Advice for a First Time Breeder

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I've managed to find buy a female for my Phlogius Rubiseta. Ive seen vids of Ts breding but I've never attempted it.

-Are phlogius known for killing the males after mating? If so is it possible to seperate them quickly?

-How long after introducing the female to her new enclosure should I wait? and I'm assuming that winter is a bad time to do it?

-if a sack is layed, when should I try pulling the egg sack?

Any help is appreciated

Dave Jay

Arachnoknight
I'm still a beginner, started with tarantulas in February, but I've been reading about them since before that.
I chose Phlogius sp. "stents" as a species to breed in the future after reading everything I could find, but one article in particular that "introduced" the species to the public. It was not by Steve Nunn or Brendon Stent but based on their observations, obviously written by a colleague. It said that they were a good species for beginners to keep and breed, the females show little aggression to and are very unlikely to kill the male during mating.
Searching Phlogius sp. "stents" should bring that article up plus related articles. I've also read that initially it was debatable whether rubiseta was a different species or just redder haired stents so I can't see where the information would be too far different. It's heaps hard to find information on specific Australian species, using the names Steve Nunn or Raven in with the species name can get you some different results I've found.
Good luck with it all, I'll be interested to see how you go, I could be a customer one day soon!

Oh, and there's an interesting pdf out there too titled "a month of tarantulas"

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I'm still a beginner, started with tarantulas in February, but I've been reading about them since before that.
I chose Phlogius sp. "stents" as a species to breed in the future after reading everything I could find, but one article in particular that "introduced" the species to the public. It was not by Steve Nunn or Brendon Stent but based on their observations, obviously written by a colleague. It said that they were a good species for beginners to keep and breed, the females show little aggression to and are very unlikely to kill the male during mating.
Searching Phlogius sp. "stents" should bring that article up plus related articles. I've also read that initially it was debatable whether rubiseta was a different species or just redder haired stents so I can't see where the information would be too far different. It's heaps hard to find information on specific Australian species, using the names Steve Nunn or Raven in with the species name can get you some different results I've found.
Good luck with it all, I'll be interested to see how you go, I could be a customer one day soon!

Oh, and there's an interesting pdf out there too titled "a month of tarantulas"
Thx a million man, I'm literally getting a Stents sling this week and hoping for a female. I will definitely look for the article and if I manage to pull it off I'll give you a 50% discount XD