Advan's pic thread

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow those ecclesiasticus look so different than other psalmo slings. That abdominal pattern is reminiscent of a pampho

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
GORGEOUS photos. You have likely answered this somewhere else, but I can't read through 98 pages, I'm sorry -- would you mind sharing what photo equipment you use? I want a good closeup lens like that for my Nikon...

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Awesome?! :D
Agreed, cool new species along with bad sac news?!

I think these have just become my favorite Psalmo slings!!

Exciting find Chad, and great images! :D
They are probably my favorite Psalmopoeus slings so far!! :D

Wow those ecclesiasticus look so different than other psalmo slings. That abdominal pattern is reminiscent of a pampho
For sure, cool looking slings! :)

GORGEOUS photos. You have likely answered this somewhere else, but I can't read through 98 pages, I'm sorry -- would you mind sharing what photo equipment you use? I want a good closeup lens like that for my Nikon...
Thank you! It has been asked plenty, I use a macro attachment off Ebay for my Iphone 5s. ;) Clicky

Psalmopoeus langenbucheri

awiec

Arachnoprince
Chad, you have made me want to get a psalmo finally. I was never interested in them but you are twisting my arm very very hard.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Thank you! It has been asked plenty, I use a macro attachment off Ebay for my Iphone 5s. Clicky
Wow, sweet setup. I looked into picking up one of those lenses but unfortunately I have a Nikon D60 which has the wonky AF. *sigh* I really need a decent macro lens, though.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I still need to come by sometime and compare your Iphone attachment with my Kodak Brownie. :)
Ha!

Chad, you have made me want to get a psalmo finally. I was never interested in them but you are twisting my arm very very hard.
About time! ;)

Wow, sweet setup. I looked into picking up one of those lenses but unfortunately I have a Nikon D60 which has the wonky AF. *sigh* I really need a decent macro lens, though.
AF doesn't matter when you are shooting macro. You want to use MF anyway. You can always reverse the kits lens or buy a cheap prime and reverse it. If you take the time to go through this thread you'll learn some tips and tricks. I'll get you started. ;) Clicky

Avicularia versicolor

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
advan said:
AF doesn't matter when you are shooting macro. You want to use MF anyway. You can always reverse the kits lens or buy a cheap prime and reverse it. If you take the time to go through this thread you'll learn some tips and tricks. I'll get you started. ;) Clicky
I've never shot macro before, obviously, so it's good to know the lack of AF wouldn't be thing. I may just go ahead and buy it then, since I got a work bonus and I haven't even gotten my tax return yet, so I have a few extra bucks lying around. And I'm intimidated by that lens reversal thing, though I have to say the shots you got with it are amazing.

Thanks for the tips! I will have to dedicate some time to crawling this thread to pick up more...

advan

oOOo
Staff member
WTG Chad, you finally did it!! :biggrin:
Thanks Michael! I know, about time. I hate the species. ;)

I've never shot macro before, obviously, so it's good to know the lack of AF wouldn't be thing. I may just go ahead and buy it then, since I got a work bonus and I haven't even gotten my tax return yet, so I have a few extra bucks lying around. And I'm intimidated by that lens reversal thing, though I have to say the shots you got with it are amazing.

Thanks for the tips! I will have to dedicate some time to crawling this thread to pick up more...
Lighting and diffusion is just as important. Just practice and experiment. Good luck! :)

1" Orphnaecus sp. 'blue' (Panay Island, Philippines) from last years sac.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know for a FACT, my pinhole camera will leave Chad And Michael's Brownie in the dust!

That Psalmo reminds me of my B Emilia very cool.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've never thought the Sumatran Black was that special, but that pic makes me think otherwise now. The poor male is so spindly compared to the female.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I've never thought the Sumatran Black was that special, but that pic makes me think otherwise now. The poor male is so spindly compared to the female.
I kind of dig the spindly males myself. I love the crazy-long legs.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Are you kidding me?! Is that C. dyscolus nymph actually threatening at that age?! What the...:laugh: Goes to show just how much temperament and attitude is in that species! Aaaand I'll have to steal Hera's sac upcoming weeking...that'll be fun! :D

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I've never seen that name before. It seems you have combined Cyriopagopus sp. 'Sumatran Tiger' and Cyriopagopus sp. 'Sulwesi Black' Both are awesome species but I think I lean towards 'Sumatra' more. :) Check out this site>>>> https://sites.google.com/site/asianarboreals/home

I kind of dig the spindly males myself. I love the crazy-long legs.
Check out some of the bigger Chilobrachys sp. :)

Are you kidding me?! Is that C. dyscolus nymph actually threatening at that age?! What the...:laugh: Goes to show just how much temperament and attitude is in that species! Aaaand I'll have to steal Hera's sac upcoming weeking...that'll be fun! :D
It is not a threat display. These are freshly molted and it's the first time they have all these movable parts(At ewl they can only wiggle their legs) so they are trying their new parts out, stretching them, etc. :)

Chilobrachys dyscolus 'blue' (South Vietnam)

^Crop

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
While it may be the fact that my monitor is dimmed, your O.sp Blue has a darker abdomen than mine does, my female has more of a milk chocolate color to her, some days I can even see her heart.