1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adult Terrestrial from Jamie's Tarantulas

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by DadsGlasses, Sep 9, 2017.

1. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Advertisement
    T is drinking

I keep mine slightly above sub, similar to yours. WARNING: Ts don't always use their bowl even when they should, and sometimes you have to lead them to water.

2. DadsGlasses

DadsGlasses Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Thank you. Can you expand on this a little more? Any tips for how to do this?

I guess I should watch water levels and also for signs of dehydration? And if I see them, then the T should be led to water?

3. viper69

I have to run out door.

The best guide to T hydration is size of abdomen and body posture.

Sometimes I have to add a drop or two on webbing/sub to lead them to water...like breadcrumbs...it always works.

Others will chime in at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DadsGlasses

DadsGlasses Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Thank you. This is very helpful. I appreciate it.

5. viper69

No prob. that's what some of us are here for. If you have specific questions on what I wrote, let me know. I'll answer them in a day or two.

6. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnobaron Active Member

These are neat enclosures. I have two of them because the first one was cracked, and Jamie was very quick to send a replacement. The cracked one is still very functional, as it is only cracked on a bottom corner. So I only paid for one:) Definitely pricey for a serious hobbyist with many tarantulas. But if you have just the one, not too bad. Considering how much dough I'd sunk into building large reptile enclosures in the past, this T enclosure is mere pennies in comparison:eek:

As stated earlier, though, I am actually seeing a bit of warping happening on mine. It's nothing major. But it causes the door to be a little sticky because it doesn't line up the same as it used to. And you can see the curving shape when viewing it from the side.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1