Adult H. hottentotta question

Varanamous

Arachnopeon
Just curious what would be the ideal enclosure size for an adult hottentotta? I have some idea but I want yo make sure I don't go too small
Thanks in advance!!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's debatable on what size is good for them. I've seen some people keep them in 16oz containers with no issues, but I find it a little too small. I'd say regular size size kritter keeper is fine for me like the ones sold at Walmart.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
So an Exo Terra Nano would probably be sufficient for an adult?
A little spacious, but I suppose it'll work fine. H. hotttentotta are not too big as adults, they get around 3''-3.5'' as adults so I'd think it'll work depending on how big the specimen is.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
I keep my adults in critter keepers just fine. Half and half coco fibre and sand with a hide and a piece of bark and they do great. I'll have more babies any day now! Definitely an awesome species

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
So an Exo Terra Nano would probably be sufficient for an adult?
I wouldn't fill the substrate too high as Exo Terro terrariums have small gaps in their front opening doors and H.hottentotta being parthenogenic, a brood of scorplings may slip through that space.

EDIT: Below the glass, beside the lower hinge.

Last edited:

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep mine in a 16qrt plastic container shes been doing great! 50/50 sand and coco fiber I have bark and rock for her to hide in shes made a scrap under the bark and I have yet to see her leave it.