adult giant black millipede life expectancy?

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
padkison said:
I spent 1/2 hour cleaning all the mites off it.
I've never seen one of these without a colony of mites living on it. They don't seem to have done any harm to mine over the years. I always felt that they turned the milli into a rather cute mobile village.

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am pretty happy with the new setup but I think I will have to raise the substrate, it settled alot (from 8" to about 6")
The millis gave it their stamp of approval, ten minutes after I put them in there the male hooked up with one of the females multiple times. The other night I walked by and the froggy little buggers were doing it ontop of the coconut.

I added a lot more oak leaves and a few extra little pieces of wood. In the past few days they have been doing a lot of digging and burrowing. I am not sure what to expect next. Are they going to molt, or just getting cozy?

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I made the mistake of planting my bromliads directly in the tank and all the burrowing going on killed them (or I watered them to death, not sure). So I went plant shopping today and am in the process of renovating their tank. I also picked up another milli :) I believe its a female so I now have 4 fems and 1 male.
The two silk plants are still in there as back ground but the rest are live, in their pots, but partially buried in the peat.
millitank2.jpg

What do you think? Better?

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice looking tank, DEFINATELY better then what you originally had them in. They really look like they should be at home in there.... nicely done!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it looks about the same; very pretty that is.
That list over toxic plants however..toxic to everyone and everything? Title says amphibians and lizards and the like; will it be relevant for millipedes too?