adult arboreal space saving enclosure

evilebe

Arachnosquire
with people with larger tarantula collections i see some pretty big tarantulas in some pretty small containers. say i had a mm pokie i wanted to breed but was running out of room. could he be safely housed in a 7x4x4 amac box? i swair i've seen things along those lines from breeders on youtube.

thanks,
cliff

Tarantula dude

Arachnosquire
bigger tank

Take a tank like 12×8×8cm give it like room about 3-4 times the leg span and hight because they are arboreal and give it a water dish if it doesn't have one. Also what is it I know it's a pokie but what pokie

evilebe

Arachnosquire
i was just using pokie as an example of a large arboreal. i have eight enclosures now that are about 8" x 8" x 14" but i am looking to the future when i run out of room.

evilebe

Arachnosquire
i'm using the containers in the first picture as arboreal enclosures now but when i run out of them i plan on housing my females in them and probably the 1 gallon cannisters in the second pic for my males. it's just that i think ive seen big tarantulas in small enclosures in big breeders setups.

0008084406570_500X500.jpeg

0007169143914_500X500.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Solucki

Arachnoknight
I use the 1 gallon plastic like pictured above. I also found a same style but round 2 gallon jar that had pretzels in it. Works great. Just dump out pretzels or eat them all. :)
I drill a hole near water dish to fit the nozzle of my syringe to fill water without opening lid. Cuts maintenance time considerablely.

evilebe

Arachnosquire
yeah, i got the idea when you posted about it last year i guess. i cut small ovals between the sections for my avics and my P. regalis has the whole bottom cut out. doesn't look professional but it works.

sweetypie

Arachnoknight
what im working with right now.

View attachment 118218
The beginning of Awesomeness!
The plastic beverage dispenser really looks great in person. That flash did wack out the pic a little bit.
Maranda, left, regalis next, and avics.....
Can't make out the rest.

I'd love to triple stack the container for one more upper section.
I think they do stack like that, ..the small base piece, and now two mid sections (of course the top lid)?

Thanks for the upload.