[Warning] ADMIN WARNING: Pat Kane (2013/2014 associated with Spider Showcase)

drunkinmaster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yea I remeber frights , I remmeber when it had like 5 or 6 inverts on its crappy list.
Frights was never really a company, it was like a couple of card board boxes, some t's in the kids closet, and post an ad on petbugs(jons site) before bedtime(really no company for regal to purchase, Frights was nothing).Then you got a job at regal, and worked their invert dept.
If i didn't live so far, I would of payed you a visit long ago buddy, i still think its worth to drive up there.......{D

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LMAO I can't believe you PK, you're a child pimp. The money in the hand is the funniest thing I've seen in ages, were you on the way to a bail bondsman??? Bigtime monopoly game with school buddies??? LMAO

You are a funny little man, for sure, thanks for the laughs, you're the funniest joke I've seen in a long time. You're like a cross between eminem and kenny rogers lovechild, LOL

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Yoo Hoo ... Did everyone miss THIS POST ?

He is banned from the site. Permanently.

No real point in continuing this thread really. :wall:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note:

<snip>
No real point in continuing this thread really. :wall:
Unfortunately, it would seem that now there is a reason to continue, after all. :rolleyes:

In case people have not seen my post here, it appears that Pat Kane has reared his head in our hobby, yet again.

While Spider Showcase may in fact be their own entity and there may actually be a "Bill (Beggs)", Pat Kane is most definitely involved with them. However, in what ultimate capacity, we do not know. As such, Spider Showcase (abboreal) has been banned from the site and all ads have been removed. Regardless of how many transactions have had a positive outcome, Pat Kane and anything he touches is anathema to the hobby.

For those of you not familiar with Pat Kane and why we have a "No Pat Kane" policy, please take the time to peruse the following links (Please note that the AB links were found by running a search in this section and the reviews section, using the name Pat Kane and Kane Zoological):

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...ne-s-Kane-Zoological-(www.kanezoological.com)

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?49-Regal-Reptiles-(www.regalreptiles.com)

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?26958-Chris-Zorra-lt-thebigzman-hotmail.com

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41490&pp=40

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?28687-PET-ADVANTAGE-Co

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44414

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?28576-Anyone-have-dealings-with-Michael-McNulty

http://wa-com.com/spidershowcase.com

Some known aliases of Pat Kane are (but not limited to):

Chris Zorra
Mike McNulty
Bill Cardin
Pet Advantage
Pet Advantage Showcase
Ron Correia

Some known locations used by Pat Kane are (but not limited to):

RI (Rhode Island)
MA (Massachusetts)
CT (Connecticut)

For anyone that has had a positive experience with Spider Showcase and/or Bill, we are very glad that it worked out for you, truly. But please know that we would rather not wait until someone gets scammed to make this warning public, as Pat Kane is known for his past indiscretions. Consider this preemptive.

Based on the above information, it is up to each one of you to draw your own conclusions. We feel it is our job to try and provide as much information as possible, once we have actual facts to provide, so you all can make an educated and informed decision. Please let this serve as a reminder to ALWAYS double and triple check someone new you are considering to do business with. As always, please be careful and make sure to research thoroughly. In addition, always make sure that you get ALL contact information (phone numbers, emails, etc.) from a seller prior to conducting business. Please do not rely solely on this site for contact information.

A HUGE thanks to the people that brought this to our attention and helped with the research. You all know who you are. ;)

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is NOT for discussion or general comments, it is ONLY for FIRST HAND INFORMATION pertinent to Pat Kane.

Debby and Scott

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
So oddly enough, after about 10 years, Pat Kane calls me up out of the blue at the beginning of January....
Now he has been around a bit in those 10 years, this time though was special. Seems things on AB were heating up
and he has been involved in some peripheral way with the hobby once again. I'll leave out any speculation or names.
No, the point of his call was to tell me how much he's grown over the last decade and how he would like to repay me
the $490 he stole from me. I never received my shipment you see.
So being skeptical, I asked for a postal money order. That it seems wasn't his style. No, he would set up a new paypal
or revive his old one or something. I gave my PP address.
It's been 3 weeks or so, and of course he's gone back underground, busy you see. Ostensibly he claimed to want to repay
everyone, but that'll likely be another 10 years;)

SO just a quick note , Pat is around and Pat hasn't changed despite claims to the contrary.

IF I receive a "refund" I will duly note it in this thread.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Update:

It has come to our attention (<--- it's an over 600 post thread, but very useful and informational) that Pat/Bill/Spider Showcase has been using a different name, "The Presidents Book" (email: thepresidentsbook@gmail.com). Apparently they have been using this name since June 2013. I suppose kudos at keeping it hidden from any connection to their real identity for so long. Eventually the truth always comes out.

I did run a quick check on here, and I did not find any users with this name. However, that does not mean that there are not other means of contact and communication outside of these boards.

Please BE AWARE and most of all BE WARNED!

Debby

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Seeing as how no one has posted this I'd figure I'd share this with you'll. I've never been beaten by Pat but I know people who have. So it's good to see karma catching up to him

Fundraiser accused of embezzling from Sudbury scholarship fund

Wednesday
Posted Feb 15, 2017 at 7:27 PMUpdated Feb 15, 2017 at 7:27 PM

By Norman Miller
Daily News Staff
A professional fundraiser inflated donations made to a Sudbury scholarship account last year so he could get a larger commission, a prosecutor said in Framingham District Court on Wednesday.

Patrick Kane, 29, of Seekonk, is facing similar charges in several other communities, prosecutor Francesca Cone said during Kane’s arraignment.

According to a Sudbury Police report filed in Framingham District Court, Kane ran Community Events, a fundraising company out of Seekonk. He was hired by the Lincoln-Sudbury Scholarship Fund to raise money for them. He was to receive 60 percent of the money raised and the fund would receive 40 percent.

Last May, the scholarship fund reported that it appeared Kane lied about the money he raised.

“He inflated how much money he raised to get a higher commission,” Cone said.

According to the report, Kane submitted three checks to the scholarship fund. The fund then paid him the 60 percent he was owed, and they deposited the fundraising checks. The checks later bounced. All of the checks were from closed accounts, police wrote.

When questioned, Kane didn’t answer about the bounced checks, and said the scholarship fund would hurt their fundraising effort by getting the police involved.

“It appeared Kane was not remorseful for his actions,” police wrote.

MORE VIDEO: VIDEO: EASTER EGG HUNT IN MARLBOROU

According to the report, Kane stole about $1,200 from the scholarship fund.

Sports Briefs: LaceUp with Lax game
POLL: What’s your favorite Easter candy?

YOU GET THE PICTURE: Share Boston Marathon moments with us

ICYMI: Wicked Local Reader Photos of the Day, April 10-14

YOU GET THE PICTURE: Share Easter and Passover photos

MetroWest, Milford weather: Gorgeous weekend on tap
Exclusive Jack’s Abby Framinghammers coming to beer hall

Seven Hills Charter picks Nixon principal as next superintendent
Wicked Local Reader Photo of the Day, 4-14-17

MetroWest, Milford weather: Signs of spring

Sudbury hires additional lawyer to combat Eversource plan
Wicked Local Reader Photo of the Day, 4-13-17

POLL: Would you back a ban on recreational pot shops in your town?

More of your signs of spring shots

Advocates push anew for driver ban on handheld devices

Thursday Garden Club members to participate in Art in Bloom

MetroWest, Milford weather: A stretch of sunny
Baseball: Warriors ready for the challenge

Softball: L-S aims to continue success
Boys Volleyball: Warriors fall to Winchester in marathon match

Sports Briefs: LaceUp with Lax game
POLL: What’s your favorite Easter candy?

Police charged Kane, of 379 Fall River Ave., with larceny of more than $250 by false pretense and attempted larceny.

Cone asked Judge Lynn Coffin Brendemuehl to hold Kane on $10,000 bail and to revoke his bail on an open Westport case where he is charged with doing the same thing from 2015.

Kane’s lawyer, Samuel Sutton, argued that the Westport case will be dismissed next month. Kane also has another case out of Fall River District Court, and Sutton said it is a weak case.

“It’s a 68-count case and the Commonwealth will never be able to prove that case,” Sutton said.

Brendemuehl did not revoke Kane’s bail, and set his bail at $2,500 on the new case, which he posted. Kane is due back in court on March 15 for a pretrial conference.

Norman Miller can be reached at 508-626-3823 or nmiller@wickedlocal.com. For up-to-date crime news, follow Norman Miller on Twitter @Norman_MillerMW or on Facebook at facebook.com/NormanMillerCrime.

Save the Date: Great Shredding Event

Seekonk man arrested for fundraising theft
by SAM WROBLEWSKI, NBC 10 NEWS

Wednesday, November 11th 2015

Patrick Kane (Westport Police)

WESTPORT, Mass. — Westport Police announced the arrest of a Seekonk man Wednesday for allegedly altering checks donated to community fundraising efforts.

Police say Patrick Kane, 28, held onto nearly $5,000 worth of donated checks after they were deposited and then re-deposited them into his own personal business account. Kane was able to cash the checks by changing the dates from 2013 to 2015.

Police had been searching for Kane after he reportedly took money from a Westport fundraiser.

Kane was eventually arrested after police found surveillance footage of him depositing the altered-checks at a bank; the bank account was registered under his name and a female relative.

An investigation is still on-going to determine if other individuals were involved in Kane's scam.

Police urge residents to check the legitimacy of solicitors with the authorities before making a donation and always ask for a receipt.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pat Kane has ripped off more money than that. One of my AB friends here was ripped off, by that I mean Kane STOLE.

Considering some of his stealing occurred with people from other states, I've always wondered if the FBI would be interested as interstate crimes are Federal jurisdiction. I always knew Kane was in the Seekonk area, but wondered who else he was scamming and how come it never has caught up with him.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Since they know how to find him now there's one way to find out, viper.

Good to see what he actually looks like. I remember this guy from way back. Scum.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Since they know how to find him now there's one way to find out, viper.

Good to see what he actually looks like. I remember this guy from way back. Scum.
Nice to know there are some others on the forum who still know this sleaze bucket. This picture is dead on to the YouTube video my friend made of fine, just a bit less hair. I hope they learn of his tarantula/$$ stealing days too.

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
C
Nice to know there are some others on the forum who still know this sleaze bucket. This picture is dead on to the YouTube video my friend made of fine, just a bit less hair. I hope they learn of his tarantula/$$ stealing days too.
http://turnto10.com/news/local/seekonk-man-arrested-for-fundraising-theft
Found it there now... looks more legit...
I hope they slap him down
For more history:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34768

Kane, of 379 Fall River Ave.
I know I'm almost 50... but that right there sounds like the same address he had when he was 16. I swear

The CRAZIEST thing is, this morning, I was cleansing old text threads on my phone... and near the bottom was one from a couple years ago during the last Kane related drama... And there he is, telling me he is paying me.. telling me he needs to open a new paypal...telling me he is going to refund me via spider showcase... then telling me this...that... the guy is messed up. Too bad for all the local people who didn't know what a con artist he is....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Anyone else receive a PM asking about Pat?

I wont give any details but it was interesting.I only spoke of my personal loss

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Anyone else receive a PM asking about Pat?

I wont give any details but it was interesting.I only spoke of my personal loss
We were contacted by someone. They were pretty vague. However, they were informed to search on this website for information that was posted publicly.