Problem Ad issues

billrogers

Arachnoknight
I don't know how much control y'all have over the ads, but there is a full screen ad that keeps coming up. There is no way to close it out. The small "X" in the corner is NOT a button, it just makes you click the ad. This is VERY annoying!! The only way to close the ad is to use the back arrow then find the webpage again. Here is what it looks like (it even changes the url)
image.png

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Unfortunately, if you don't use an ad block program or routine there is nothing you can do. Trapped web sites are out there by the millions in various forms, both legit and hacked, and more than enough traffic, willing net 'victims', to make it worth while to host some very sleazy pages.

I did a test, a check, a few months ago, turning off my blockers and filters. Haven't gone 'net naked' in years. I was absolutely astounded by that crap, both seen and unseen, out there. For example, look at the bots logged on to Arachnoboards at any given time. Right now, about 220. If you aren't running serious protection your name, age, hat size and how many suppositories you use per week is tracked and for sale out there.
I've been on line 47 minutes. 4531 tracking attempts and intrusions have been blocked so far during that time.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
If you are using an I phone, then this would be the issue. From everything that we have checked, this is not an issue with android users. Unfortunately, we have nothing to do with apple or their products and have no way to fix that issue.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Debby

billrogers

Arachnoknight
If you are using an I phone, then this would be the issue. From everything that we have checked, this is not an issue with android users. Unfortunately, we have nothing to do with apple or their products and have no way to fix that issue.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Debby
Yeah I have an iPhone. I also found that this ad only really comes up when I am on cellular. It does not pop up on wifi

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Yeah, sorry. Nothing we can do. Solely an apple created problem. :(