1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Actually really sad :(

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Melancholy Newt, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    My LP moulted a week or two ago and today while cleaning out his tank I saw he has matured out into a male. I always called him "he" because I hate saying "it" even if I don`t know their sex. I am actually really sad about this. I have had him since he could fit on my thumbnail. and he grew so fast! He has so much attitude. So.....yeah I am just really sad about this. My tarantulas are my pets so I get very attached to them.

• Sad Sad x 3
  2. MES

MES Arachnosquire Active Member

Utah
    Sorry to hear that! :(
    I get attached to my pets too, and it's hard knowing that they aren't going to live very long. If it makes you feel any better, I have a mature male B. albopilosum (Honduran Curlyhair) that I have had for over 3 years, and he was mature when I got him, so he could have been mature for even longer. I hope this is the case for your LP! If you wanted to, you could even try to breed him and get more slings. I hope it goes well with him! Best of luck.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Thanks. I was thinking of trying to find someone to breed him so I could keep maybe one of the babies. He has such `tude! I really love the little (kind of.....not really) guy

4. tkid02

tkid02 Arachnosquire Active Member

just gonna throw out there that they have thousands of babies lol

5. MES

MES Arachnosquire Active Member

Utah
    Haha, yeah that's true. That's why I don't want to breed my ts.

6. Adam96

Adam96 Arachnosquire

my L.P matured around 2 and a half to 3 years ago and hes still active/eating

7. LOL, yes I know. I would only want one. Let the breeder deal with the rest, lol!

well that is good to hear! My rose hair that was my first tarantula lived about four years or so after I go him even though he was already matured. So who knows?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2018 at 8:28 AM
  8. Adam96

Adam96 Arachnosquire

That's him eating a worm sometime last week

Attached Files:

9. Aww handsome boy!

10. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoangel Active Member

Texas
    I would suggest not breeding him, because the market is already so saturated with these guys breeders and vendors have a hard time even giving them away. If I were you I would just enjoy the time you have left with him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. That is very true.

12. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoking Active Member

I should try to do the same I have a female but my male will get munched she didn’t like him and 2000 vials probably costs more then I can afford!!

13. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

I'd eventually want to get into breeding but I wouldn't even consider breeding that particular species.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

Aww, I'm sorry ): Unexpected mature males can be very saddening. I hope he hangs around a good while for you!