Actually have an emp question...

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What do you suppose flicking the front 8 legs in a brushing out to in pattern, and bobbing claws up and down means? He didint have food at the time. He was doin it for quite awhile.
And a curious question... do emperors or scorps in general tend to scrath themselves alot? Mine seem too... Looked closely and no mites in my tank or on them ( I have a female in there too)

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Look even more closely. The mites can be microscopic... or it can be nematodes (havn't seen any personally). But my emp had mites, really really tiny ones. It was basically luck that I noticed them at all.
By now my emp is almost mite-free again though...

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i think i have seen the bobbing as a scorpion mating attractant on Animal Planet, i guess he wants some action :rolleyes:

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hmmm, my emp has been scratching a little with her telson/aculeus as well, not alot, just a little. I was a bit worried and closely inspected her, which is hard, because if I 'tail' her she goes nuts.

I can't see any problems and she seems happy enough. I keep my tanks clean, so I assume it must be loose substrate that is causing a little irritation. Or atleast that is what I hope...

Keep a close eye on your Emp. Also try a magnifying glass and have a good long, hard look at the moist parts of your substrate in the tank and around the water dish...

Goodluck :).