Acrylic Paint ?

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Hello All,

I Lately started working on a new enclosure for my AFS, and decided to make him some custom hides and "rocks" out of styrofoam coated with plaster, but since plaster (or grout) is white, it wont look very nice inside of the enclosure, so i decided to paint it. I dont know if Acrylic paint is safe for scorpions, but i do know non-toxic acrylic is, sadly, mine doesnt have a "non-toxic" label. I've heard that mixing it with grout might help it be a bit stronger, and less harmful for the animal, since it binds with the plaster, making it hard to peel off or get caught by water particles. Also, is there any non-toxic finishes i could add to reduce chances of the scorpion being hurt by the paint?

MikeyD

Arachnosquire
Acrylic paint is non toxic once fully cured. It's been used in vivariums and even in reef aquariums for years, just be sure that it dries and fully cures as per the instructions on the can. That's usually 12-24 hours.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
i applied the first and base coat with mixed in grout so it bonds better. i painted the shades with as low amount of water as i could (to make sure there's no possible way of airbubles to form). its been 24 hours now but ill let it dry for another 24 just to be safe