Accidentally Interrupt A. Avic moult?

EricaT

Arachnopeon
Hello, this is a potentially dumb question, but I’m a newer T owner who’s still learning of these complex creatures.

I’ve had my juvenile, A. Avic, pet store-rescue for almost 2 months. I was very pleasantly surprised to awaken earlier this week and find him(?) in full-flip moult-position! (Probably not the scientific term!)
So, the location of his enclosure is very awkward, and unfortunately, he is able to pick up some of my every day life-noise. I had started getting ready for work, and I closed my makeup bag, which makes a loud click!
I immediately was concerned for Areabesque (my T), as I figured he felt the vibration, and when I went to check, he had come out of his moult entirely and was right-side-up :(

My question is, will he attempt a moult again? I’m worried now that he’s too anxious in his enclosure. This was about 4 days ago, and no moult-attempt since.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Sudden sounds happen in the wild all the time. Plus, there are tons of predators to flee from at a milliseconds notice. It should be fine. Tarantulas aren’t super delicate orchids or anything.;)

EricaT

Arachnopeon
Sudden sounds happen in the wild all the time. Plus, there are tons of predators to flee from at a milliseconds notice. It should be fine. Tarantulas aren’t super delicate orchids or anything.;)
Thank you, @EtienneN for always being so nice about your responses, hehe.

My main concern was his lack of food intake since I’ve had him. I think he took down one small cricket around 2 months ago, but nothing since.

Anyways, I’m sure he will re-moult! Guess I just felt bad more than anything

cold blood

Staff member
My main concern was his lack of food intake since I’ve had him. I think he took down one small cricket around 2 months ago, but nothing since
How long it went fasting is never of any concern.....and 2 months is like you or I missing lunch to a t.

You're fine.

EricaT

Arachnopeon
How long it went fasting is never of any concern.....and 2 months is like you or I missing lunch to a t.

You're fine.

Thank you, Cold Blood!
You’re right, I think I may be underestimating their survivability.

EricaT

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas would be extinct if they all died due to a purse click.
Lolol, I don’t think people are going to Brazilian and Costa Rican rainforests to do their makeup.

Think I’m babying my Avic a little more second to reading about their fragility in captivity.