1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acanthoscurria fracta question

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Exoskeleton Invertebrates, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    Advertisement
    I was considering getting an Acanthoscurria collection, and I think you may have convinced me with these pictures. Off to the classifieds!

2. Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Exoskeleton Invertebrates Arachnoprince Old Timer

The thread started out as Acanthoscurria fracta for this species. That’s what the hobby named this species as long ago. After posting this thread come to find out that fracta no longer existed and the species should have never been named such as.
    Long story short after researching thoroughly the name Acanthoscurria simoensi belongs to this species.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoprince Active Member

oops lol long going thread from 2013!!
    I got acanthoscurria insubtilis and not sure if it was mis labeled or what happened to it . Maybe it matured out I think , real shame I didn’t buy more. My nhando carponensis is doing good tho, part of that order.
    Down to 54 Ts from 80 3-4 years ago , so many males. And some bad molts, reverting back to My T care of 7-8 years ago. Ive never seen Fracta at all or acanthoscurria insubtilis for sale since.

4. Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Exoskeleton Invertebrates Arachnoprince Old Timer

The last thing I gotta due now is hope to pair my male, female and get some babies. Eventually show off the males emboli as well. Than this thread can come to a close.

5. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoprince Active Member

Ehh I see , we’rent some nhandos in the genus once? Or vice versa?
    So confusing!!!:greyalien: