Acanthoscurria fracta question

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
Nice photos. Let's see some shots of the T soon! Those colors are going to look great!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Recently molted A. fracta photos!

Finally I have a couple recently molted wild caught adult and sub-adult female photos.

Acanthoscurria fracta - Wild Caught Adult Female

Acanthoscurria fracta- Wild Caught Adult Female

Acanthoscurria fracta - Wild Caught Sub-Adult Female

Acanthoscurria fracta - Wild Caught Sub- Adult Female

Jose

Last edited:

Akai

Arachnobaron
wow these are post molt? these are gorgeous. they look more like an Acanthoscurria then they did before. i'd definitely buy one but then again i'm a sucker for large NW terrestials. lol

---------- Post added 09-30-2014 at 10:25 PM ----------

honestly it looked like a big brown mean Pampho before looking back. even the carapace reminded me of one as well. beautiful regardless.

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow these are post molt? these are gorgeous. they look more like an Acanthoscurria then they did before. i'd definitely buy one but then again i'm a sucker for large NW terrestials. lol

---------- Post added 09-30-2014 at 10:25 PM ----------

honestly it looked like a big brown mean Pampho before looking back. even the carapace reminded me of one as well. beautiful regardless.
It's funny you say that, cause I had a conversation with Joe Rossi when I first bought this species and I told him the same exact thing. Joe even says that he has never seen an Acanthoscurria mature male that has the looks or characteristics like this species. He also mentioned that it reminded him of a Pamphobeteus sp.

At first I thought they were a just a brown spider but as you can see as they first molt and get bigger this species gets darker.

Both of this females when I took them outside yesterday for a photo shoot they were giving me a lot of threat pose and had venom on the tip of their fangs.

Jose

Last edited:

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Stunning and beautiful specie to say the least. GREAT PICS It's just to bad they are a natural hybrid crossbreed Lol....;)

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
My goodness Jose, these spiders of yours look absolutely beautiful as always! And I am definitely loving how angry they are. Well, I love that they're angry and you are the one dealing with them. I'd probably love it a lot less if I was on the receiving end.

Congratulations on a lovely find, and good luck on breeding them!

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria fracta breeding photos!

First attempt: A few weeks ago when I first try to paired the male with my 4.75" inch female the male decided to bail out. The next day I tried with my 6.5" inch female the male did the same thing he bailed out.
Second attempt: The following week after the first breeding attempt I tried again with each females and the male again bailed out. So far what I have noticed was that the male is to skittish.
Third attempt: This time I moved my 4.75" inch female today to a smaller enclosure. The purpose for a smaller enclosure was I did not want the male not to have access to run away. He had no choice but to breed. Once the insertion took place the female went completely backwards so I was able to see liquid out of her epigastric furrow. The male did his job and as I'm writing he is grooming his pedipalps.
I did take a chance of loosing the male to a fight with one another by keeping the lid on the enclosure and of course taking the photos. This photos are not the best but it will do for now. I can consider this to be the first wild caught captive breeding Acanthoscurria fracta photos available to the public.
One down two more females to go. My next attempt will be with the 6.5" inch female.

Acanthoscurria fracta male and female attempting to breed

Acanthoscurria fracta male and female successful breeding

Jose

Last edited:

Akai

Arachnobaron
There was no room for error for that male in that setup. lol I'm glad everything went OK in that pairing and I'm crossing my fingers.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Adult female A. fracta killed mature male A. fracta!

Like the title says my adult female fracta killed my mature male fracta. I knew it was a good idea to breed the male first with my younger female. Now it is up to my young female to hopefully produce a sac.
Sorry no photos I'm letting my male die with dignity...........

Jose

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The wait is over!

The wait is over, my Acanthoscurria fracta decided to molt instead of dropping a sac. It will be a miracle for me to try to find another wild caught male. I'm really disappointed, I wanted babies of this species really bad and it is was not meant to be.......

Acanthoscurria fracta - Wild Caught Female

-J

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
The wait is over, my Acanthoscurria fracta decided to molt instead of dropping a sac. It will be a miracle for me to try to find another wild caught male. I'm really disappointed, I wanted babies of this species really bad and it is was not meant to be.......

Acanthoscurria fracta - Wild Caught Female

-J
Bummer! :( I really would have loved some slings, these fracta are gorgeous even if they are temperamental.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I really would have loved some slings, these fracta are gorgeous even if they are temperamental.
To me, the biggest attraction is their feistiness. Not many NW's stand in a defensive pose.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
December 2013 she molted and did not molt until late September 2014. It makes me mad that she molted in September 2014 and decided to molt last night.
I paired her up with the mature male a month later after she had molted. She should have waited longer. This species are slow growers I was not expecting her to molt this quickly. The timing was perfect for the breeding process and for her to have drop a sac.

-J

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
December 2013 she molted and did not molt until late September 2014. It makes me mad that she molted in September 2014 and decided to molt last night.
I paired her up with the mature male a month later after she had molted. She should have waited longer. This species are slow growers I was not expecting her to molt this quickly. The timing was perfect for the breeding process and for her to have drop a sac.

-J
It's as if, with her bad attitude, her ultimate act of ticking you off was molting way sooner than expected just to ruin your week. Those A. fracta ladies are stone cold.