1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to jump in head first

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by KyleR2202, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Razzledazzy

Razzledazzy Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    I'm assuming people are smart enough to read the addended errata and also confirm things that sound questionable if they already did some primary research but maybe I'm giving people too much credit! :hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

A beginner reading it would have absolutely no basis to determine what is and what is not good info.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. boina

boina Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Yes, you are giving too much credit. The section about mites is absurd and the ICU idea is really dangerous and still people all over follow it blindly. I love the sections about humidity and temps, though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haemus

Haemus Arachnosquire

Tarantula Canada is good, bought quite a few Ts from them, including a C. versicolor sling at the ReptileExpo last weekend.

I commend you for practicing on wolf spiders, those things can move! I'd swear some of the ones I see at the cottage dwarf a few of my juvenile tarantulas lol

5. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

CITES has nothing to do with Canada or shipping/whatever issues: it's the 'Washington Convention', and it's internationally - even if third/fourth world nations (and often not so third/fourth ones) doesn't exactly always respect that.

Grammostola spp. aren't covered/protected by CITES, only (T's talking now) Brachypelma spp.

Here one of my signed, official, CITES paper for one of the 'brachy' I own.

Cites 2.jpg

6. AnimalNewbie

AnimalNewbie Arachnobaron Active Member

You feed your Ts anoles?
    Guess I never thought of it.

7. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoprince Active Member

I’ve always wanted to try But can’t house more feeders parents would go mad.
    craziest thing I’ve fed was mice one or twice in dislike the smell tho. Stick to Dubai’s, or superworms rarely.

8. Bree24

Bree24 Arachnopeon

Canada
    Not sure if you’ve made your purchase yet, but if you’re looking for a 5th to round out TCanada’s 5for4 sale, then you should look at P.Sazimai. They’re skittish, but hardy and fast growers. They’re also really pretty.

9. KyleR2202

KyleR2202 Arachnopeon

Finally pulled the trigger, after humming and hawing, a few changes were made and I settled on A. seemani, E. rufescens, B. emilia and C. cyaneopubescens. Amanda and family are on vacay next week so I have to wait till the 31st for shipment, but I’m still waiting on corkbark anyways so it’s all good. Really excited, already drilled holes in one enclosure and it looks pretty good. I appreciate everything folks!!

• Like Like x 4