About Obt breeding for help

paccen

Arachnosquire
Hello! I mated my female obt on May 3. A week later I put the males back in to mate. But I don't know if it worked. Today I found that female obt had woven a lot of webs. Is this a sign of pregnancy? What should I do next?

Wyoguy069

Arachnopeon
Can someone tell me what an “obt” really is? Is it an old world species? Google was not very clear on this either.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Can someone tell me what an “obt” really is? Is it an old world species? Google was not very clear on this either.
Pterinochilus murinus* Orange Baboon Tarantula. Old world. Shortened to OBT in a lot of cases, also now known as an Orange Bob.

Last edited:

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
OBT stands for:
Orange Baboon Tarantula
Orange Bitey Thing
Orange BOB for short

This is the species Pterinochilus Murinus it is an Old World Tarantula.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Pelinobius muticus. Orange Baboon Tarantula. Old world. Shortened to OBT in a lot of cases, also now known as an Orange Bob.
Pelinobius muticus is not OBT, it is a king baboon.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Hello! I mated my female obt on May 3. A week later I put the males back in to mate. But I don't know if it worked. Today I found that female obt had woven a lot of webs. Is this a sign of pregnancy? What should I do next?
No, females do not produce eggs that quick and if it is an eggsac it's probably the fastest i've ever seen an eggsac being made in such short period of time. I highly doubt it's an eggsac if it happened in about 2 weeks, because that seems almost impossible. Normally it takes months 2 months at shortest that I know of.

Wyoguy069

Arachnopeon
Thanks Saw that on Google, but didn’t think there are too many Orange Baboons out there.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No, females do not produce eggs that quick and if it is an eggsac it's probably the fastest i've ever seen an eggsac being made in such short period of time. I highly doubt it's an eggsac if it happened in about 2 weeks, because that seems almost impossible. Normally it takes months 2 months at shortest that I know of.
I have had egg sacs from Orange Bobs three weeks after pairing.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I've paired a female and got an eggsac the next day. Females will carry eggs even without pairing with a male(hence phantom sacs).

OP: this species lays hammocks sacs and not the classic sphere shaped eggsac that a lot of Theraphosidae make. Shine a light through the newly webbed area and look for a yellow mass.

paccen

Arachnosquire
I've paired a female and got an eggsac the next day. Females will carry eggs even without pairing with a male(hence phantom sacs).

OP: this species lays hammocks sacs and not the classic sphere shaped eggsac that a lot of Theraphosidae make. Shine a light through the newly webbed area and look for a yellow mass.
Sorry for the late reply. I'll keep watching her. I also hope to get your help later

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Normally when i have bred this speicies, it took some weeks for the female to make eggsacks. Not days after mating! I dont believe that! They may become more active, webbing alot. But actual egsack construction takes some weeks, maybe 3-8 weeks, depending on individual and other factors. And as people have said, they spin a slinglike eggsack, that they will sit on and protect. Not a round ball!