abdominal absces , some weird details

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Folks.

My Singapore Blue molted like one-two months ago (6", started to shw some blue) and was totally fine until last week. She was very thin so I fed her a small goliath worm, which she ate enthusiatically. However, two days later she was thin again, but this time her abdomen looked difform with a huge absces on the side. She still eats and remains active but never gets plump regardless of the amount fed to her. I wonder if it's due to some internal damage, if she might survive and if it will resolve with further molts. I am sure somebody saw it. I know that there are other absces stories, bu minus the persistant rachitic state.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hello Folks.

My Singapore Blue molted like one-two months ago (6", started to shw some blue) and was totally fine until last week. She was very thin so I fed her a small goliath worm, which she ate enthusiatically. However, two days later she was thin again, but this time her abdomen looked difform with a huge absces on the side. She still eats and remains active but never gets plump regardless of the amount fed to her. I wonder if it's due to some internal damage, if she might survive and if it will resolve with further molts. I am sure somebody saw it. I know that there are other absces stories, bu minus the persistant rachitic state.

Thanks in advance.

Pat
Can you post some pics?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
It won't let me ad a pic from my computer either. It has to be a url from the web. weiiiird....
Strange. As for your L.violacepes. I can sort of visualize what your describing. I don't know what options you have to help it... but I would just continue feeding and see if it fattens up. Some Ts go through molts and come out with slight deformities, usually repairs on the next molt. If she appears otherwise healthy, don't sweat it.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
It won't let me ad a pic from my computer either. It has to be a url from the web. weiiiird....
If you use the "camera" icon in the post editor, it will give you an option to "add media" -- you should be able to add photos to AB from your phone or PC there. I usually upload my own images to imgur.com and paste the link in the place you're seeing.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Ok found it!!!
Looks like a cyst. Is the spider still active? Not showing any signs of decline, lethargy, etc...

I would just keep doing what your doing and hope for the best. Whatever happens is out of your control.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That looks really weird. I say keep feeding her up and hope she makes it througj her next molt.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I've never dealt with this, but I'd think it would make sense to feed her, but don't feed her until she's super plump. That cyst might be a weak point of even thinner 'skin', so it could burst if there was extra stress on it. I'd make sure she's got plenty of water, feed her enough to keep her from getting too big, and if you can crank the heat up a little to maybe trigger a faster molt and hope it corrects some of the problem.

I could be totally wrong, just a thought.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you very much.
My worries came from the fact that what she eats simply goes away and she gains no weight.