Abdomen injury.. looks serious

mrbean

Arachnopeon
Hey guys i need all the help i can get.. my b. smithi managed to open the lid of his cage, and fell from the top of it onto a hard surface, i spotted her when i was coming in to my room and the inury looks rather serious.. i'm not sure if she will make it or what to do next. I really need help :(

She has some gooey stuff hanging out :(. Is there anything i can do?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ohh that looks bad, did you put any liquid bandage stuff on it? Super glue? Something to stop the bleeding. Once you have done that put her in an ICU, and leave her alone.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Firstly : DON'T HANDLE IT IF YOU DON"T HAVE TO. It'll make things worse.

Secondly : There have been many here that have had luck applying super glue to the rupture. That's IF it doesn't dry up itself. I can't see for sure from the pic but it looks bad. Try putting some super glue over the wound to prevent any more leakage.

Check here for how to make an ICU : http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=87695&highlight=ICU

mrbean

Arachnopeon
The thing is she has this gooey stuff coming out.. my guess its part of internal organs or something. so i'm not sure how to apply the superglue

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The thing is she has this gooey stuff coming out.. my guess its part of internal organs or something. so i'm not sure how to apply the superglue

That's Hymolyph ( T Blood ) Just apply the glue directly to the rupture, and around the area : like a glue stitches to hold it together. . You need to stop the leaking or the T will probably die. Watch out NOT to get any on the book lungs.

Then as has been said put it in an ICU

mrbean

Arachnopeon
The Hymolyph is transparent? The thing that is hanging out is yellow in color, and looks like its attached to the inside.. so it can't be removed.. thats why im worried. In any case, i should apply the glue directly to the wound, right?

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The Hymolyph is transparent? The thing that is hanging out is yellow in color, and looks like its attached to the inside.. so it can't be removed.. thats why im worried. In any case, i should apply the glue directly to the wound, right?

I can't tell heads or tails from your pic. It's too blurry. Hymolyph is both clear and a yellowish tinge. Just cover the WHOLE area with glue. It certainly shouldn't make things worse.

mrbean

Arachnopeon
managed to get another shot..less blurry i think

That yellow thread down the abdomen near the spinnerets (?), that's the thing i'm not sure about, i tried to clean it up with cotton but it's attached on the inside.. should i still apply the superglue?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not to sound like a pessimist, but I have never seen a T recover from that kind of wound.

You need something fast drying, liquid band aid works very well. But just get ready for the possibility that he is not going to make it. Try hard though I know I would.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Apparently, i have it in ICU currently. Haven't added superglue yet
You have to add something and I mean now. Every drop of fluid that gets out, is basically the life force leaking out of him.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just a side note : Fix your enclosure so that this NEVER happens again...

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not to sound like a pessimist, but I have never seen a T recover from that kind of wound.

You need something fast drying, liquid band aid works very well. But just get ready for the possibility that he is not going to make it. Try hard though I know I would.

I had a rosea get better from something about that bad, but i superglued him right away! so do it asap! Good luck! I know how hard that is!

~Samuel

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You have to add something and I mean now. Every drop of fluid that gets out, is basically the life force leaking out of him.
Agreed ! This post was started an hour ago. You've lost precious time. Use liquid band aid/ super glue / corn starch / paper towel .. anything : YOU HAVE TO STOP THE BREACH !

mrbean

Arachnopeon
Agreed ! This post was started an hour ago. You've lost precious time. Use liquid band aid/ super glue / corn starch / paper towel .. anything : YOU HAVE TO STOP THE BREACH !
Just added the superglue on the wound like 15 minutes ago. When can i surely tell if she'll make it ? :(

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if in a few hours she's not curled up, sorry to sound a bit harsh but i had almost the same experience but with a broken leg, leg 2 was just missing from the bodie and i didnt know what to put on it poor lil fella

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just added the superglue on the wound like 15 minutes ago. When can i surely tell if she'll make it ? :(
With an injury like that? First you want to make it till morning, then the next day, if you get that far then there is hope and the only other hurddle you will have is the next molt. Sometimes injuries like this cause a molt complication on the next molt. So from here on out just watch him and if the bleeding starts again re apply more glue.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
With an injury like that? First you want to make it till morning, then the next day, if you get that far then there is hope and the only other hurddle you will have is the next molt. Sometimes injuries like this cause a molt complication on the next molt. So from here on out just watch him and if the bleeding starts again re apply more glue.
The voice of reason ! Thanx Ryan. This whole thread was starting to make me look like my avatar... and I like this shirt.

OP keep an eye on the T, keep the moisture up, and the temp. Watch for more bleeding, and GOOD LUCK !

Keep us posted