AAA's Swarm

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Good evening. :p

After a failed attempt of creating a photo thread for myself last time, I'm finally back to get one going for real!

I'll go ahead and start things off with the current crowning jewel of my collection, my smallish nymph pair of Rhinoceros Roaches, Macropanesthia rhinoceros. :)

Macropanesthia rhinoceros

Smallish male nymph

Smallish female nymph

Smallish nymph pair​

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Up next is my most miniscule and possibly most otherworldly beetle species, your favorite pest, Mezium affine. :)

Mezium affine

Adults​

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mezium are so cool, I love the variation in color on them. It's a shame they're so small, but I guess when you get a good sized colony going there's plenty of action going on!

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Mezium are so cool, I love the variation in color on them. It's a shame they're so small, but I guess when you get a good sized colony going there's plenty of action going on!
I always kind of thought that the lighter ones were just freshly-eclosed beetles, but you're probably right on the color variation. If it is the case, it definitely might be fun to due a breeding project for isolating the two colors. :)

Oh, for sure! Some are always trying to slowly work their way up the side of the container and it's always fun lifting up the eggcrate to expose hundreds upon hundreds of beetles. :D

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I always kind of thought that the lighter ones were just freshly-eclosed beetles, but you're probably right on the color variation. If it is the case, it definitely might be fun to due a breeding project for isolating the two colors. :)

Oh, for sure! Some are always trying to slowly work their way up the side of the container and it's always fun lifting up the eggcrate to expose hundreds upon hundreds of beetles. :D
Ah that's a good point, I hadn't thought of how long it was since they eclosed. I see that all the time with Scolytinae.

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Ah that's a good point, I hadn't thought of how long it was since they eclosed. I see that all the time with Scolytinae.
I'll have to separate them out to make sure, but yeah, that's my other explanation of the difference in appearance besides different color forms.
:astonished:The macropanesthia though...
IKR? :D I'm looking forward so much to when they grow into the beasts they were always meant to be......even though it'll take like another 3 years. lol

Tarzanus

Arachnopeon
Too small for my liking, but they sure are interesting and colorful little buggers. :)

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Lucihormetica grossei

Adult male

Adult female

Adult pair

Sub-adult male nymph (adult male previously pictured)

Pre-sub-adult female nymph (adult female previously pictured)

Sub-adult male nymph and pre-sub-adult female nymph (adult pair previously pictured)

Small-medium-sized nymphs​

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Archimandrita tesselata

Adult female

Adult male (a little more pronotum coloration still to come)

Freshly-molted adult female

Abnormally-black adult male (a little more pronotum coloration still to come)

Medium-large nymphs

Small nymphs​

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
How's it going everyone? :)

Long time no post! School has finally swept past me once again for this year and so my focus can now shift back to the roaches (as if it wasn't already somewhat lol). I plan to get the photoshoots going soon so I can get some more pictures slapped up here and build up this thread. However, one development in my collection that there's no need waiting to supply pictures for is that I'm now officially hisserless!:eek: The allergies were just getting too bad for me and I wasn't doing particularly great with the species I had, so I just decided to sell them all off to a trusted breeder. Even though this is technically supposed to be a thread representing my current collection, I say why not share some pictures here of some absolutely gorgeous roaches I may never own again. :)

Here it goes:
Elliptorhina laevigata

Adult male(s)

Freshly-molted adult male

Adult females

Larger nymph(s)

Gromphadorhina grandidieri

Adult male

Adult female

Larger nymph

Small nymphs

Individuals attempting to hide

Gromphadorhina grandidieri/Elliptorhina laevigata

Adult male comparison (G.grandidieri left, E.laevigata right)

Adult male comparison (E.laevigata left, G.grandidieri right)
Besides these two hisser species, I also had Gromphadorhina oblongonota, but unfortunately didn't manage to get pictures of them before shipping them away. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed what I did have to show and be sure to stay tuned for more pictures from my drastically-enlarged collection!

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
Your back @All About Arthropods! It's been awhile, hoping to see more about that "Year in the Making" trade!

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts
Yes!!! It has constantly been my intention to stay active on the blog and forums, but school really tied me down. I'm hoping to manage things better next year to where I have time for both school and posting about the inverts.

You know, it's been so long since I made that post that I forgot I even had a second part left to go. LOL Guess I'll have to get to work on that!