A weekend away, and this happens (some good and some sad news).

lewisskinner

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, I looked in on my Ts and non-T spiders tonight, and I saw my C. schioedtei in a funny position. "Great!" I thought, "a moult!" Then I looked closer, and there was no movement. Closer inspection still revealed a popped carapace, and that I was indeed looking at a shed exuvium! My Charlotte has gone and popped her skin and crept back into her hole, and I've not seen her in her full glory yet! Typical!

Meanwhile, my red trapdoor has been firing poop in every direction possible, and my P. metallica seems to have taken a large does of caffeine and/or cocaine, and is running around the tank like a mad beast. Only my MM L. violaceopes (C. sp 'Singapore blue') and silver trapdoor are behaving (must get that violaceopes sent off to Søren for breeding....

Some sad news to report as well. It seems that my B. smithi sling went into moult, and then was set upon by springtails of all things! I came in to see it half out of it's old exoskeleton, but covered in spring tails. I tapped the area around him to scare away the springtails, and popped him into ICU (film canister with slightly misted kitchen roll) but to no avail. He's with the 8-legged fella in the sky now:(. Anyone heard of this happening before?

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if you are going to say that you really need to post a link...