A. versicolor sac!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yay! She was mated on 9-28-2007 and had many insertions. She was not receptive any other time I tried pairing them between October and February. She made the sac yesterday. I think it was the perfect white day present. :D

Too bad you can't see the sac. With a flashlight I saw her laying eggs and later in the evening I was able to see that she had peeled back some of the layers of silk from her enclosure and had a sac.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:
Make sure you keep misting even though she has a sac now. Just don't mist directly in her hide area.

Congrats!!!!{D

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woohoo! soon we'll be (hopefully) overwhelmed with little blue legs! :clap:

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

We bred our female in late September...Still waiting for that sac! :rolleyes:

The best part for me, is opening that sac and seeing a sea of blue..:drool:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Tim

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you! I candled her today and noticed a weird spot so I pulled the sac. Two of the eggs were black, stuck together and moldy. I'm so glad I grabbed it! Photos coming soon. There were about 118 eggs total, 10 were not looking healthy.

I put all the gross eggs back in the sac and gave it back to mom. She snatched it back up.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you! I candled her today and noticed a weird spot so I pulled the sac. Two of the eggs were black, stuck together and moldy. I'm so glad I grabbed it! Photos coming soon. There were about 118 eggs total, 10 were not looking healthy.

I put all the gross eggs back in the sac and gave it back to mom. She snatched it back up.
Maybe I sound dumb for asking this but I'm new to T breeding and curious, but wont the gross "stuck together and moldy" eggs harm the rest of the eggs if they are left in there? I'm just wondering why you put them back rather than leaving them out. Anyway, congrats on the sac, and keep us posted on how things go.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe I sound dumb for asking this but I'm new to T breeding and curious, but wont the gross "stuck together and moldy" eggs harm the rest of the eggs if they are left in there? I'm just wondering why you put them back rather than leaving them out. Anyway, congrats on the sac, and keep us posted on how things go.
I'm pretty sure that only the bad eggs went back in the sack, and the good eggs are being incubated.........

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Lori...I want a sling! I want a sling!!!:drool:

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, the bad eggs are back with the female to keep her occupied while the good ones are set up in my incubation tank. :)

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know I'm late, but here are photos of the eggs taken today.

ballpythonteen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats awsome i just got a versicolor today and it ate a moth let me know when they hatch

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The sac was infertile. Over 80% of the eggs turned brown and shrivled. The rest have shown no signs of development. They would have popped legs by now.

:(

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that :( Hope you have better luck next time.