A. Versicolor question

Dexity

Arachnopeon
I have been in the hobby about 7 months and now I have one doing something none of them have before. She molted about 3 weeks ago, and two and a half weeks after she ate one cricket, but has been refusing food since. She looks normal and isnt curling or anything, a really small abdomen however. thoughts? I'm concerned, I know they fast, but I didnt figure it would be when they haven't really eaten in nearly a month..

Dexity

Arachnopeon
not mature, well at least not full grown, and upon inspecting i notice no hooks.

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
when did you get her? post pictures of her enclosure if you can, or just try to describe it. Do you have a water bowl?

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My versi did the exact same thing for about a month.It didn't eat after molting,but was very active and normal acting.I finally put it in an ICU thinking maybe it needed more humidity.It ended up drinking a bunch of water as soon as it touched the water bowl.Like instantly.Just provide a fresh water dish for a week and it should do better.Now mine eats constantly and is very fat!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
So let me get this straight.

Your versi molted 3 weeks ago.
After 2 and a half weeks post molt, it ate.
Since eating (3-4 days ago) it has been refusing food?

If so, give her another week!

Dexity

Arachnopeon
to falk, that thing is adorable!!!!

and I can get some picks, she is super hidey and when she doesnt eat I leave her alone, the only times I handle my tarantulas are when they seem healthy and fit. Yes big water dish on the bottom, as I have yet to find a proper way to connect one to the side of the dish. Ill get some pics up soon though, hopefully she is fine, compared to all my other t's this one is quite dainty.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
They get extremly small "hooks" so you need to look at the embolus instead. I once had a mature male that was extremly small http://www.zoonen.com/visabild.asp?oid=2621281

Or prehaps its not hungry:)
Extremely small hooks very well put. I could have sworn I had a female A.avic until it too went off feed and became very active. Typical Male behavior. Until I looked closely and revealed the hooks that resemble a black hair blended in with the black leg.