A. versi bad molt?

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok about 2 days ago I had a sling versi molt. When I checked on it a day later I have noticed that its adomen was really small. I did not worry too much about it until the sling started tucking its legs under him. I made a mini ICU with allot of ventilation and moisture. I misted around the small ICU to try to get him to drink. I went to check on it and all of its legs have curled under him. He/she is barely moving:( Is their a quick method I can use at this point?

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you already have it in an ICU there is pretty much nothing more you can do but wait.

One element of the ICU that you didn't mention in your original post was warmth. You might to find a spot where it can get some "gentle" heat, like a warm spot on top of your fridge or something....

Good luck!
Scott

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You're welcome. It's never fun when it does happen....

I had a 1" B. smithi of all things split it's exo while standing upright, and didn't move again. Just stood there and died in the ICU. Strange stuff can happen with slings from time to time :?

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tell me about it lol. Hopefully this one manages to come back to normal.

sboy

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear about your T passing. Always a shame when it happens. I've never seen something like that after a moult. Maybe something to do with the genetic theory

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No it just happens. Sometimes when a T molts it will loose allot of fluid and become very weak. Then they will start to curl their legs and that is when you need to put them in a ICU to get hydrated. Unfortunately for me it just did not work out but I still have one a. versi sling that is growing fast and is very healthy:D