A terrible confession...

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love pedes. I think they are even more beautiful than about 99.9999% of tarantula's. (Don't tell the people in the T forum that.)

I am making a shift into pedes away from T's since I have always been heavy into T's. I am curious about breeding. Are pedes easy to breed?
With T's you just give them enough room although i admit that most of the time the makes get eaten. Is it the same with pedes?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I, too, have a confession.

I spent the money that was supposed to go towards a replacement wedding band on a 'pede. Shhhh! Not so loud! I'm getting sized today to make up for it.

JDeRosa, have you had a chance to read through the stickies above? Lots of terrific info. IMO, supervising a mating isn't hard once you have a pair sexed...it's having the patience not to mess them while she takes care of the eggs and hoping to Gawd that she doesn't eat them...that's the hard part. That said, I still have yet to produce CBs, but I do have S. viridis & alternans on eggs right now. Toot, toot!

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I think centipede breeding in the hobby is limited only because few really try. That being said there's been captive hatched of nearly all species with even limited captive history.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I think centipede breeding in the hobby is limited only because few really try.
Rather unfortunate as it's an addictive and fascinating process. But I also understand that it's a labor of love with nearly zero monetary reward. There seem to be a lot less non-native 'pedes coming in these days & I wonder if at some point even the commonly imported species will dry up because there is so little being done in captivity to reproduce them.