A story about a rescue and a release

MossMan

Arachnopeon
about two months ago I rescued a small mole cricket who had been dragged around my kitchen for about two hours by a blue ant (blue wasp). The cricket was paralysed and I took pity on it, so I decided to make a small, damp container with soil and feed it worm juice. The cricket recovered so I kept it in a storage container for about 3 months.

Hadn't really checked on the little bugger. I thought he died a long time ago, so I emptied the container. But he was alive and well, so I released him.

Edit: why can't I upload a pic dammit?!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
What is worm juice? And what an awesome story!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
about two months ago I rescued a small mole cricket who had been dragged around my kitchen for about two hours by a blue ant (blue wasp). The cricket was paralysed and I took pity on it, so I decided to make a small, damp container with soil and feed it worm juice. The cricket recovered so I kept it in a storage container for about 3 months.

Hadn't really checked on the little bugger. I thought he died a long time ago, so I emptied the container. But he was alive and well, so I released him.

Edit: why can't I upload a pic dammit?!
Keep trying. I'd love to see a pic.

Last edited:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
This is a lovely story, I rather like mole crickets. However, I'm confused by the timeline. If you found it two months ago, how did you care for it for three?