1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

A Spider's World: Senses and Behavior (Barth)

Discussion in 'Book and Magazine Reviews' started by GoTerps, Oct 2, 2007.

1. GoTerps

GoTerps Arachnoking Old Timer

Advertisement
    Barth, F. G. 2002. A Spider's World: Senses and Behavior. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
    ISBN 3540420460 (hardcover)

Title of Original German Edition

Sinne und Verhalten: aus dem Leben einer Spinne
    ISBN 3-540-67716-X

I believe I enjoyed this text more than any other book pertaining to spiders. For anyone unaware, the genus Cupiennius is one of the most (if not the most) well studied genera of spiders.

While the focus is on Cupiennius, anyone interested in arthropod sensory systems and behavior will love this text.

[​IMG]

Eric

2. jsloan

jsloan Arachnoangel Old Timer

Every serious student of spiders should have a copy on their bookshelf. Technical and informative. Expensive, but well worth the price. Buy it while it's still available.

3. bluefrogtat2

bluefrogtat2 Arachnoangel Old Timer

i also own this book,and find it a wealth of info.
    andy

4. freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi Arachnoprince

So Fla
    My copy just arrived today. I have read a few pages and flipped through the rest. Looks to be an amazing book well worth every penny.