A. Seemanni

Luke Alexander

Arachnopeon
Hello all, I was woundering about my A. Seemanni. Her coloring is getting Smokey gray. I’ve been thinking she’s in pre molt cause she hasn’t been eating. Now I’m thinking she’s just getting old. I’m not 100% on what’s going on really. Any ideas if you have came across this?

Attachments

centipeedle

Arachnosquire
One thing to keep in mind, AF P.metallica get kinda black as they age. I dunno if this species does though.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
20170828_144904-1.jpg

20180130_115206.jpg

This is the same female, 5 months before and then a few hours after a molt. They have decently long molt cycles as adults/sub adults. Their color fades eventually as they get further away from the last time they molted. It's totally normal

Also, get that sponge out of the water bowl. I assure you she won't drown. The sponge actually makes it harder for her to drink, and it makes it easier for bacteria to grow

Luke Alexander

Arachnopeon
View attachment 266446

View attachment 266445

This is the same female, 5 months before and then a few hours after a molt. They have decently long molt cycles as adults/sub adults. Their color fades eventually as they get further away from the last time they molted. It's totally normal

Also, get that sponge out of the water bowl. I assure you she won't drown. The sponge actually makes it harder for her to drink, and it makes it easier for bacteria to grow
Will do thank you

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I think this is late but A.seemanni spend ages in premolt from what I've heard.
I don't know how they stack up to other long-lived terrestrial species, but I got my girl 5 1/2 months ago and she spent probably 5 months of that in premolt. Her abdomen had a small bald patch when I got her and it didn't look quite as bright (for lack of a better term) looking as bald spots on some of my Ts that have molted recently. She also only took maybe 3 small meals in my care.